Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

mirena question blahhh

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:22 AM
  • 18 Replies
I'm sure there are never ending questions about this devil device but any way..here's mine :p
I had mine put in aug 2012 and taken out this past February..it was a horrible experience ugh but thankfully its over..anyway so i got my period tight after for like 3 to 4 days..it stopped for a week then came back for like 10 days and was gone before the month of February was over...so now its April and it hasn't come back..took 2 pregnancy test n nothing...anyone else gone thru this?? Crazy periods, missing periods?? Thank ya in advance
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColieO
by I Rock on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:24 AM
It's probably just your body trying to get back on track. Everything was messed up for me after I got the mirena out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Mine took a few months to get back to normal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tipsen
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:27 AM
How long did it take to get back on cycle? I am a big planner (I know hard to do for pregnancy) but I was thinking getting mine removed in mid to late summer and ttc and hoping to be pregnant by beginning of fall

Quoting ColieO:

It's probably just your body trying to get back on track. Everything was messed up for me after I got the mirena out.

ColieO
by I Rock on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I got pregnant five days after.removal, miscarried at 8 weeks and got pregnant the next cycle. so.... I don't really know lol.

Quoting Tipsen:

How long did it take to get back on cycle? I am a big planner (I know hard to do for pregnancy) but I was thinking getting mine removed in mid to late summer and ttc and hoping to be pregnant by beginning of fall

Quoting ColieO:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamiiNessaof4
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Damn that's crazy lol ugh this has left me with 20 extra pounds which doctors will deny it is from that..but meanwhile i was losing weight and super skinny before getting it and then got it and randomly couldn't stop gaining till i removed it..now its harder then ever to lose andI'm sfrustrated

Quoting ColieO:

I got pregnant five days after.removal, miscarried at 8 weeks and got pregnant the next cycle. so.... I don't really know lol.

Quoting Tipsen:

Quoting ColieO:

ColieO
by I Rock on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM
My doctors repeatedly denied that any of the problems I was having were from the mirena. Yet they literally vanished the day I got it out.

Quoting MamiiNessaof4:

Damn that's crazy lol ugh this has left me with 20 extra pounds which doctors will deny it is from that..but meanwhile i was losing weight and super skinny before getting it and then got it and randomly couldn't stop gaining till i removed it..now its harder then ever to lose andI'm sfrustrated

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting Tipsen:

Quoting ColieO:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamiiNessaof4
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Ugh! So did u end up having the baby after getting preggo again? I had taken off the para guard cuz of the heavy bleeding and got mirena..now idk whether to go back to paraguard it what ugh

Quoting ColieO:

My doctors repeatedly denied that any of the problems I was having were from the mirena. Yet they literally vanished the day I got it out.

Quoting MamiiNessaof4:

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting Tipsen:

Quoting ColieO:

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:44 AM

probably your body trying to get back to normal after the hormone changes

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:46 AM

For me, I took mine out (...myself) in July, period in August, pregnant in September. It was perfect =] Even got the girl I wanted! lol

Quoting Tipsen:

Quoting ColieO:

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, irregular cycles can last for quite a while after removing the Mirena.  I had highly irregular cycles for 6 months after having mine removed, and I only had it in for 3!

Still, I would advise you to talk to your OB/GYN to make sure everything is OK.  It is better safe than sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)