Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Summer birthdays and birthday parties?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM
  • 4 Replies
My son is in kindergarten and his birthday is in July. With my older boys they were never interested in inviting their school friends cause we had big family birthday parties. So inviting classmates is new to me. How do you go about getting the invitations to the kids? Should I send a note towards the end of school requesting contact info? I wouldn't send the actual invitation until closer to the big day but I don't know some of the kids he wants to invite. How have you handled this for your summer birthday kiddos?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
goldilocksbecky
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Legally the teacher/school can't give you the kids contact information unless the parents give specific permission for them to give it to you.  (I know that some schools take this seriously and others don't, but that is the law).

If you're allowed to send invitations to school and plan on doing it that way, you could go ahead and send them the last week.  I've had lots of students do that for summer birthday parties.  Just don't wait until the last or next to last day because things get crazy and also some kids don't come the last day. 

The other option would be for you to send a note to the kids he wants to invite basically requesting their contact information or giving your phone number and requestion that they call you.  Explain (either in the note or when they call) that your son has a summer birthday so you will be sending invitations by mail.  I would only send this with the kids he actually plans to invite, though.  And by the time you do that, why not just go ahead and send the actual invitation?  (Again, assuming you're allowed to send them to school).

Arwyn724
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Our schools do not give out personal info, and invites can't be handed out in class unless everyone gets one.  My oldest has a summer birthday, but I live in a small town, so I knew all her school friends already, and could invite who we wanted.

Mrs.Godfrey
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:03 PM

i dont think she meant asking the school for contact info but something to the parents asking them for it... i dont have any help for you though all 3 of my kids have school year birthdays  gl momma!

auntangelofsix
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)