Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE HELP MAMAS!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:45 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello all, I am a newcomer to the site. I have a five year old daughter and am currently 8 weeks pregant with my third. I miscarried my second at 12 wks, I bled out during my d and c and nearly died. I remained in the hospital for 6 days getting blood transfusions and it took me a good year to get over it. That was 10-7-2011. I was thrilled to find we are expecting again but I am totallt freaking out about losing this one too! my question is had anyone here ever been through a similar experience then had a healthy child afterward? I am having all the normal preganany symptoms: nausea, fatigue, craving, etc. So i am hoping everything will be fine. I have had my blood test to confrim the pregnancy. But the obgyn cannot get me in until april 22nd and I am very scared of the same news I got last time at 12 wks, "We cannot find a heartbeat." Any suggestions of how to stop worrying so much?? I had a hemmoroid burst the other day and when i saw the blood i cried for hours even after realizing it wasnt the baby...grrr..... Please help!pregnant belly

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beautisticaware
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Congratulations!!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
proudmama1120
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:49 PM

thanks

crazy4u49033
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:53 PM
I had a healthy first pregnacy, lost my second at 10 weeks, and went on to have a healthy 3rd pregancy! I didn't have as traumatic miscarriage as you, but the fear is still the same. I found that I was very anxious until I heard a heartbeat. I felt a little better then. I felt much more relaxed when I could feel the baby move. I don't think the fear ever goes away, but it does lessen. Try to stay positive...I know it's hard!
emandab
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:09 PM

You could buy a (wow it's been too long I can't remember the name lol) fetal heart monitor thingy haha.  I bought one for $85 when I became pregnant with my daughter after I had a miscarriage.  I was worried too and  having it around to listen to the heartbeat whenever I wanted, gave me piece of mind.  Mine detects heartbeats from as early as 8 weeks.  Good luck momma!

KJH78
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:13 PM

There's no reason you should have to wait that long to get in. I miscarried my first early on and when I got pregnant the second time I had to go in every week....I know my sister was further along and miscarried and has two healthy girls now.....every pregnancy is different so RELAX and take care of you....take it easy don't over do anything...stress is not good for either one of you...but I would try to get in sooner so your levels can be checked and you will feel better.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:41 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Hang in there  .. any way you can get in sooner to see your ob?
Good thoughts for you :)

proudmama1120
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:28 PM

BUMP!

luvtohunt
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Im sorry momma. That sounds scary. Keep your hopes up. If that was your only miscarriage, then your chances of having another one dont go up.
I just barely had my 2nd child 2 weeks ago, but between tryimg for him and trying for my daughter, we had a total of 13 miscarriages. Most were between 10-12 weeks. each one was devastating, but i wanted to treat each one like it would for sure work, just in case it did, and im glad because each pregnancy is so special.
My advice is to insist on a quantitative hcg test and an ultrasound to confirm heartbeat. Your ob should be willing to do this for you before he sees you. They will help establish the health of the pregnancy. Good luck. Hugs
RADmomma
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Good luck & welcome to cafemom
proudmama1120
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Thanks to all. Trying to calm down. There r next to no obs in the area. I cannot get an earlier appt cuz it has to be afternoon. I want my fiance there in case its bad news again
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)