Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What does this mean to you?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:55 PM
  • 11 Replies

A child picks up a toy. A parent says "Please don't throw the toy". Do you think the parent is assuming the child will throw the toy? Do you think the parent is asking the child to not throw the toy? Do you think the statement is accusatory?

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melaniecerise
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I think it means the parent may be an idiot. Asking a child not to throw something when they haven't done anything is like asking someone who isn't a criminal to please nto rob you of your money. I think it is assuming. You know what happens when you assume? It is accusatory with no grounds

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I would have to hear the tone of voice.  I am presuming that the child has a history of actually throwing toys or has their arm up as to throw the toy.

Two_Hearts
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:59 PM
4 moms liked this

i would think that the parent know's the child well enough to know that the child likes to throw toys , and that the parent has learned before hand to give that warning before the toy goes flinging across the room LOL.

lismore
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting Two_Hearts:

i would think that the parent know's the child well enough to know that the child likes to throw toys , and that the parent has learned before hand to give that warning before the toy goes flinging across the room LOL.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Yup.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would have to hear the tone of voice.  I am presuming that the child has a history of actually throwing toys or has their arm up as to throw the toy.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine201
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Quoting Two_Hearts:

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Absolutely.

Quoting Two_Hearts:

Megshere
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:32 PM
This. DD loves to throw things. You can tell right when she's about to do it, too. She gets a mischievous little look. lol

Quoting Two_Hearts:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trainlady
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Depends on the toy sometimes. If its a ball or something like that they might expect the toy to be thrown. If it is some other type of toy but the parent know the child has a propensity to throw things they are stopping a problem before it starts. At least the parent is paying attention to the child and that's more then a lot of them do.

kaylasmom22
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:50 AM
This

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)