Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HELP!!

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:53 PM
  • 10 Replies
So my son 3.5 whos not potty trained yet just walked up to me and told me Pinocchio needs to go potty..yes... and he used the tape on put Pinocchio on and said he needs to take a wizz and made pee pee sounds and flushed it and washed his hands.. What the hell is this supposed to mean is this normal?? Does this mean hes ready?? IM LOST!!
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:01 AM

BUMP!

Pna1Dra6on
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Sure why not.  My kids learned at 2. 

connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:03 AM

BUMP!

momma-moo
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:07 AM

I would say he's more than ready...

connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:14 AM

im hoping so.. bump

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:17 AM

I say that is a good sign he understands the process of using toilet and on his way to being ready himself.  Next time Pinocchio goes to potty, request that he tries as well to show pinocchio how he is a big boy too.

SissyAnn141
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Quoting Pna1Dra6on:

Sure why not.  My kids learned at 2. 

Ask him, Does he want  "BIG - BOY UNDERWEAR"?

Let him ,pick them out.

Buy PULL-UPS For BED TIME.

CLICKABLE TO GROUP

LostMom102
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Have you tried any toilet training or were you just waiting for him to do it on his own? Generally, they are ready when they wake up dry more nights than they are wet AND when they can go a couple of hours being dry during the day. But that is still subjective to the child because some kids still wet the bed well in to elementary age but are still potty trained. If your child goes to daycare they may require pull-ups until he is fully trained. In that case, take a week off of work and devote it to potty boot camp. Let him pick out some big boy undies and be prepared to clean up a lot of puddles. Always keep positive...VERY important. The first day or two may be rough but do not give up. They will always test your readiness and commitment to New things. I've potty trained two boys and both of mine were trained right after their 3rd bday. Once trained, they might start to slip up a few weeks down the road because it isn't new to them anymore and they aren't really thinking about it constantly being reminded. Do not put him in pull ups. Stay positive and remind him when you see the peeled dance going on. Kids at this age often hold urine because they don't want to waste precious play time going potty.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LostMom102
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Auto correct - peepee dance, not peeled dance lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
trainlady
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I'd say he's almost ready and has reached the concept of what he needs to do. Go along with him and let him lead you and teach you what he means and understands. Sometimes what we think is developed in their minds in a different way. Its like the both of you speaking two different languages. Let him lead and you might be surprised at how smart he is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)