Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Let's Chat: What's on your mind?

Posted by   + Show Post

Let's Chat!

What are you up to today?

Tell us what's on your mind...

• Reply to this post and let us know what's on your mind today!
  • Chat with the other members by Quoting their replies.

have a nice weekend

Tips:
*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!
*To see if anyone has Quoted you, check the My Activity tab at the top of every page.

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Replies (461-470):
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:43 PM

LOL!  Exactly! A little personal space please!;)

Quoting Mominee:

I'm pretty sure I'd have freaked out.  I don't like strangers touching me, let alone touching my kids.  Plus miniature people are so freaking dirty that I don't want random ones touching mine.

Quoting jrmo4:

Getting the house picked up. Dx Ugh. Re-arranged and switched my kiddo's rooms and went grocery shopping. >_< Who knew Sundays were so damn busy?!
Also, some lady held her daughter over my cart so she could give my 3month old a kiss. It was cute, but still....I didn't know her, or her kid, nor if they had been sick. x____x Granted, the shopping carts are likely worse than any individual IN the store, but still! Who does that?

SpencerMom617
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Well my 4 yr. old is like a tornado even though we clean on a daily bases we always seem to have to do a heavy scrubbing at the end of the week... Lol

Quoting mommyshere:

Quoting SpencerMom617:

Taking my girls shopping and cleaning the house up for next weeks disaster... 😜

What is next week's disaster?  Are your kids off from school next week?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DiANAiVELiSSE
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this

on friday night we were going to ZOOMERS - amusement park (small and local) being sponsered by UNITED Way as our company is a gold star with them - over 7k a year, employee contributions with company matched.. then on saturday we're having a company BBQ after a cancer walk for neck-cancer research and  patients as we have a gentleman here who has neck cancer ..

Quoting amonkeymom:

What are the functions?

Quoting DiANAiVELiSSE:

I have not 1 but 2 company functions to go to... it shall be FUN! Looking forward to them

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Pretty close. We have a river too

Quoting amonkeymom:

Cool!  Do you live near a lake?

Quoting ScrChk23:

If it is not too windy, we want to take the boat out.

Quoting amonkeymom:

You're getting closer.  What are you going to do after work?

Quoting ScrChk23:

I am at work.  I have been here since 3a.  It is 11:18 my time.  I have another 4 hours to go

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Ours has an animal rescue that comes out too, it's fun to see the sweet animals, but makes us wish we could take them all home.  lol

Quoting wulfeyes05:

I like looking at the handmade jewelry, they have a guy who has all kinds of different jerkies, and one of the animal rescue organizations adopt out animals.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Oh, I LOVE farmer's markets!  Do you have a favorite?

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Not till about May. That's when the farmers market opens.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Oh bummer!  Is there anything else happening in your town that you can do instead?

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Unfortunately no. We were going to go hiking, but the weather turned against us and it is pouring rain. We take our boys with us so that's why we're not going.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Cool, thanks!  

Are you doing anything else interesting this weekend?

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Paganism and Wicca

If you can't find it by title then just search my name

Quoting amonkeymom:

Oh great.  What is the post called?

Quoting wulfeyes05:

I have a post asking about which books are good. There were some really nice ladies who gave me a list of good books to learn from. So if you want you can find it and look at the list. 

Quoting amonkeymom:

Yeah, that's weird, and I'd be a little freaked out but want to learn more at the same time. 

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Very strange, but no one was hurt or anything like that. I have no idea what I did to cause such an odd occurrence. Wicca is a peaceful practice. I've decided to get into more nature stuff. 

Quoting amonkeymom:

Oh now, that is strange!

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Everyone fell asleep at about the same time then we all woke up with our hands and feet covered in dirt. 

Quoting amonkeymom:

Obviously I'm not either, but it does interest me and I'd like to know more. :)

What happened in the house?

Quoting wulfeyes05:

I'm not Wiccan. I just like educating myself about different religions/practices. I did dabble in it a bit when I was sixteen, but decided to stop after an odd, non violent occurrence that effected everyone living in the house at the time lol. 

Quoting amonkeymom:

Very cool.  Are you wiccan?

I'm wanting to do some research on that as well as other earth religions.

Quoting wulfeyes05:

I'll read pretty much anything. This time I'm researching Wicca, last time it was fantasy novels. 

Quoting amonkeymom:

reading  We all love reading too!  Do you have a specific genre you're into most?

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Going to the library to pick up some books and let my oldest pick out a few kids books. 

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I bet!  I live in CO and while we need the moisture that snow brings us, I sure don't care for the cold and ice that come along with.

Quoting leeleelh:

Yes I do like living here. I already have a good tan. People are a lot nicer than MA. It's also cheaper. I missed a lot of snow in MA this winter which is always nice.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Lucky you, going to the pool!  Do you like living in Florida?

Quoting leeleelh:

I'm hoping to sleep as I didn't get much last night.  If its warm enough we made go to the pool.  This is our first spring in Florida we came from Massachusetts so we spend a lot of time at the pool.  

wulfeyes05
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I have to force myself to not beg my husband to let me adopt every single one lol

Quoting amonkeymom:

Ours has an animal rescue that comes out too, it's fun to see the sweet animals, but makes us wish we could take them all home.  lol

Quoting wulfeyes05:

I like looking at the handmade jewelry, they have a guy who has all kinds of different jerkies, and one of the animal rescue organizations adopt out animals.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Oh, I LOVE farmer's markets!  Do you have a favorite?

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Not till about May. That's when the farmers market opens.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Oh bummer!  Is there anything else happening in your town that you can do instead?

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Unfortunately no. We were going to go hiking, but the weather turned against us and it is pouring rain. We take our boys with us so that's why we're not going.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Cool, thanks!  

Are you doing anything else interesting this weekend?

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Paganism and Wicca

If you can't find it by title then just search my name

Quoting amonkeymom:

Oh great.  What is the post called?

Quoting wulfeyes05:

I have a post asking about which books are good. There were some really nice ladies who gave me a list of good books to learn from. So if you want you can find it and look at the list. 

Quoting amonkeymom:

Yeah, that's weird, and I'd be a little freaked out but want to learn more at the same time. 

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Very strange, but no one was hurt or anything like that. I have no idea what I did to cause such an odd occurrence. Wicca is a peaceful practice. I've decided to get into more nature stuff. 

Quoting amonkeymom:

Oh now, that is strange!

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Everyone fell asleep at about the same time then we all woke up with our hands and feet covered in dirt. 

Quoting amonkeymom:

Obviously I'm not either, but it does interest me and I'd like to know more. :)

What happened in the house?

Quoting wulfeyes05:

I'm not Wiccan. I just like educating myself about different religions/practices. I did dabble in it a bit when I was sixteen, but decided to stop after an odd, non violent occurrence that effected everyone living in the house at the time lol. 

Quoting amonkeymom:

Very cool.  Are you wiccan?

I'm wanting to do some research on that as well as other earth religions.

Quoting wulfeyes05:

I'll read pretty much anything. This time I'm researching Wicca, last time it was fantasy novels. 

Quoting amonkeymom:

reading  We all love reading too!  Do you have a specific genre you're into most?

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Going to the library to pick up some books and let my oldest pick out a few kids books. 

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
― Lao Tzu
Annedrummond
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Ooh great. Where do your kids play? We play at i9!

Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Quoting Annedrummond:

Ooh great. Where do your kids play? We play at i9!

Where is i9?  We're in NJ. They're in U9 and U12.

alley7919
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:59 PM
I hope you feel better. Hello everyone, I wanted to introduce myself I'm ally.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN