Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Lucid dreams or Astral Projection?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:37 AM
  • 5 Replies

I've always been a lucid dreamer. Can always remember my dreams. Although i've noticed that some are different from others.

In certain dreams its as if im not sleeping. I mean its as if i dont remember falling asleep. Its as if i remember laying down then getting back up and walking around the house and checking on the kids, except my step feels lighter. I ususaly never leave the house. Except last night. I dont remember falling asleep. I remember trying to. Then getting back up, checking on the kids then wanting to leave the house, but when i opened the door i wasnt here in this world. not really sure how to explain it. I was somewhere else. I was in a different kitchen, almost like a facility of some kind. I ate a cookie, and i remember feeling light as a balloon. i could see other ppl but they didnt seem bothered by me. Then realized the higher i stepped the more i could float, until i could fly. i touched the ceiling and kept asking if this was a dream. I then decided i wanted to go further, so i opened more doors, and i could see other people in thier beds sleeping, i would go through other doors until i saw a woman, not from this time period, maybe the 60's, she didnt seem to notice or care that i was there, she looked so lost and in a daze just sitting on a stoop. I got a little spooked and decided i wanted to go back and then bamm. like a jolt i jumped and was back in my bed. My heart was poundind.

I ususally only get the jolt when i wake up but not realizing  that i fell asleep. so it scares me.

Is this all lucid dreaming or am i astral projecting sometimes. IF anyone can help, thank you :)

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I think it's probably all just dreams, personally, but I'm no expert by far.

Brehi
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I've had very lucid dreams.Mine have involded angels.I can't see them but I know they're there and talk to me but not in spoken words.I believe they are visions because they are very real, like I'm not asleep.When the vision is over I open my eyes and I'm in my bed but it's like I was not asleep, just there with my eyes closed but in another place.

whoodathunk
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Try joining the Psychic Realm.  They my know much better.  I would try relaxing a bit more and enjoying that type of dream or travel or whatever it is...see if you can convince yourself that it's a dream adn just go with it.  I pray before I put my head down...that may help you as well.

HeySheila
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:27 PM

For the record, lucid dreaming is not the same as having vivid dreams.  Lucid dreaming involves the dreamer maintaining control over her/his thoughts and being able to control the dream.  I_got_curves - It sounds like you are having out of body experiences.  You should read Robert Monroe's books on the subject.  Very informative.  You're not alone. Use the experiences to your advantage and have fun with them!

RADmomma
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:04 PM
I never remember my dreams.

Except the other night... It was very odd...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN