Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Dealth Penalty? For or Against?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:36 PM
  • 68 Replies

Poll

Question: Are you for or against the dealth penalty?

Options:

I am for the dealth penalty

I am against the death penalty

Other - because there is always an other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 62

View Results

I am on my lunch break at work and we were discussing the dealth penalty. My co worker believes that everyone deserves a second chance to be rehabilitated and be productive members of society. I believe that any person who commits a crime that is worth being put to death, should be put to death. Of course there are "what if he is innocent" and such.

I am talking about without a reasonable doubt. That there was absolute no doubt that this person killed another human being or beings, raped or molested a child, and other cases like these. Without a doubt meaning, that there are witnesses, a confession, evidence that this person did in fact do something to end another persons, raped or molested a child or other such cases.

These fools can not be rehabilitated. Or at least I do not believe they can be. Personally people like that are a waste of air and a waste of a human being.

*This shouldnt be a debate about how it is cheaper to house a criminal for life, than for them to be put to death* Although I know it is cheaper that way, it is still stupid that they get to breath oxygen and have a place to sleep and to be able to eat and drink and have healthcare.

Just curious as to other ladies opinion.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:37 PM
I am for it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamatoKy
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Way off topic - but my stepmom just recently got a kitten and she named it Jobberwocky. =) lol

Quoting jobberwocky:

I am for it.

CafeMom Tickers
jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol! It's an awesome name and poem.

Quoting MamatoKy:

Way off topic - but my stepmom just recently got a kitten and she named it Jobberwocky. =) lol

Quoting jobberwocky:

I am for it.

Tay06
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I am for it.  I don't care if they can be rehabilitated or not.  They shouldn't have a chance to be.  The people they murdered/molested/raped don't get a chance to go back and change it all.  They live with it, if they survived the crime against them.

kaylasmom22
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Agains it, if you kill someone thats an easy way out. Give them life in prision instead
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't believe that people can be rehabilitated nor do I believe they should have that chance, but I don't believe we should kill them. It's not going to be murder on my hands because THEY did wrong.

Bertha21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:51 PM
I am 100% for it! People like James Holmes, need to be put to death!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaanl
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I am for it! Example:  How is it fair for a mother to lose her child but the person who killed that child "gets a second chance to be rehabilitated & be productive members of society"?  The person killed doesn't get a second chance.  And as for the "what if he is innocent", after you have been sentenced you get a certain amount of chances to appeal your case and prove your innocence.  They don't give you the death penalty & then send you to the chair that same day.  

elliotmommytobe
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Im against it. They should all be put on a deserted island with just enough food and water to live and then they can fend for themselves
Bertha21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you seen our prisons? They have it good in there! Cable, internet, education, they have it too good.

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Agains it, if you kill someone thats an easy way out. Give them life in prision instead
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)