Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My 2 month old is short, fat,lazy and going to die....UPDATE....PICS on pg 3&4

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:25 PM
  • 60 Replies

Well I just had the worst doctors visit EVER! First of all he is just getting over a cold. We have all been REALLY sick. I run a daycare in the house...everyone has been sick. So I told him no shots today I also told him that I didnt want my baby to have more than two shots a visit. ! Well he and I got into an argument! He treated me like I was just stalling. Like I was afraid to get him immunized. He even offered me an oral for my baby..again I explained I just wanted to wait a week to be careful. He asked if my other two were immunized! Then he went in a lecture how my baby could get whooping cough and die...well I think he can wait a week!And how some parents put the shots off and then never end up getting them. I had to explain overย  and over again that I was just being careful!

Thats not all. I think the nurse made a mistake in measuring...AGAIN! Last time she measured him a whole inch shorter than his birth height. She re-measured him. Apparently he has only grown an inch since birth. The doctor said he was in the 30th percentile for height. Said he "would take after his mom" in height. (dad is 6'2) And he is in the 50th percentile for weight. So he says " he is overweight for his height"

Strange how he is 2 months old and in 6-9 month clothing! He is as tall as the 5 month old in our daycare...lol. DH measured him when we got home and he is about 23 1/2- 24 inches...not 22 1/2! They way they measure him is dumb anyways . They take a pen and mark at the top of his head on the table paper and then try to stretch out his leg and make a mark at the bottom of his foot and then measure the markings. Obviously she has trouble with that.I thought about saying he needs to be re measured but I just wanted to get the fuck out of there!

Ok to the lazy part. He called him lazy when he wouldnt push off on the table. And "stocky"So when my baby screamed in his face when he picked him up and he made the comment that he has a "bad temper" I said its probably because you called him short and fat! He ignored me! The appointment was over and he stepped out to get my paperwork and when he came back in the room my baby was screaming and he had to throw in there " see, we could have given you your shots and it wouldnt have mattered, you are screaming anyways"

UPDATE: he has an appointment next Friday with a new doctor at a different clinic. I did some research, he seems pretty cool. We will see! I also gave the clinic a heads up on my experience. They apologised. The lady receptionist couldnt believe it. I wish he could go to my other kids previous ped but we had an insurance change (they are 15 and 17) He would be appalled!

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
themissheather
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Time for a new doctor. I'm sorry your experience was terrible. Way to stick to your guns about the shots.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MCass3
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

WOW! Id definitely be getting a different doctor and writing the director of the hospital! That is SO WRONG!

me-n-mygirls
by Shontell on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:31 PM
new pedi!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaylasmom22
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Where the hell do you peple find this doc? jeez

Scorpiomom78
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Wow!! Time for a new doctor!! I would have told him to shove it and not to talk to me or my baby like that!!
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow what a douche. I'm sure your baby is perfect.

Can babies really even be over weight?
nerdymom28
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:39 PM

That would be the last time I saw that doctor.

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I have Health Partners insurance and am very limited to the doctors :( Im looking for another one right now!

Quoting kaylasmom22:

SilverFire85
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Time to find a new doc.
aeneva
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Quoting kaylasmom22:

It's not where we find them but where do the docs get there bed side manner and degree from?  It seriously worries me how assinine some docs are.

Sorry fot the bad experience and I would be shopping for a new doc ASAP.  That is ridiculous.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN