Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Where do u think is the cheapest state to live in? What state do u live in? What do u like and don't like about it? My family and I thinking about moving and looking around to see what's best. 

My family & I live in Phoenix Arizona we like how cheap it is but hate the schools and heat. :(

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Replies (11-20):
Cmgmqmmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:38 PM
I live in NYS and it's not cheap. But I'd rather pay more to have superior public schools and not be in the south or south/midwest.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Doc.Mc.Lissa
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:40 PM

We've lived in Michigan, Arkansas, Virginia, Texas and now Colorado. (DH is military) The cheapest places were Arkansas and Texas. Colorado is the most expensive, but my favorite!

Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:42 PM

we live in texas and find it incredibly cheap here. however we are from southern california tho where the cost of living is outrageously high. but we find texas affordable. besides the heat, we love it here.

HaleyCovington
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I'm from texas. I was in NC recently for a visit and noticed things were considerably cheaper there.
Otterpuff
by New Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Im in Southern California, its not cheap. Im looking to move :/
connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:52 PM

BUMP!

Barabell
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Living where the cost of living is low isn't a benefit unless you're on fixed income. If you and/or your husband work, your income will probably be higher if you move to a place where the cost of living is higher. Ideally, during your working years, you want to live in a place where the cost of living is higher so that you earn more money. Then you want to move to a state where the cost of living is lower when you retire and have fixed income.

We moved from Phoenix to a place where the cost of living is slightly higher, and we make more money doing similar skill level of work.

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:05 PM

USUALLY the cheapest places to live have the lowest wages and highest percent of  obese population , least desirable areas and worst schools.   So I personally would never want to know where the cheapest place is cause I wouldn't want to live there.  As with everything in life BALANCE

ImNotKarl
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I live in Idaho. Cost of living here is pretty low. I like the weather most of the time.

IandLoveandYou
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I live in Upstate New York and it seems very affordable as far as cost of living goes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)