Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What kind of diet do you follow?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:30 PM
  • 43 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you follow a certain lifestyle diet by choice? If you have more than one just pick the main and describe :)

Options:

Vegan

Paleo

Vegetarian

Whole Foods/Clean Diet (non processed foods)

Kosher

GAPS

Other- Please describe

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 44

View Results

Do you follow any certain lifestyle diet by choice such as vegetarian, Paleo, specific carbohydrate, GAPS, vegan, and I'm sure I'm missing something!!

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:41 PM

My family follows a mixture due to my kids. We follow a mostly Paleo-ish diet and eat no processed foods with as much organic as possible.

Pnukey
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:24 PM

See-food diet. I see food that I like, I eat it. :)   DH is following a diabetic/high blood pressure diet. DS and I have food allergies. We work around those.

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:51 AM

We do a combo of several, just try to eat well, vegan once a week, higher protein most of the time, our simple carbs are very low, and our complex carbs are right about where they should be(60% of our calories), Lots of Fiber, not low fat, but not high fat either

the only thing that doesn't fit is a lot of dairy, it seems to be the easiest quickest way for everyone to get their calcium

mommaTLC186
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:52 AM
This.....

Quoting jconney80:

My family follows a mixture due to my kids. We follow a mostly Paleo-ish diet and eat no processed foods with as much organic as possible.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ChloeDolce1
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this
We don't follow any very specific one but we fo very much focus and leading a healthy balanced and active lifestyle. We try to limit sugar as much as we can. And we avoid excess simple carbs. Lots of veggies and fruit and lean protein sources. I just want to live well and teach my kids to make smart choices from the start. They get treats sometimes but I don't see the need for them daily and I don't do overly processed items. I make as much as I can myself. I don't obsess over it all but I put forth the extra effort for sure.
monkeydavis05
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:01 AM

i guess it would be called carb-cycling? my sister is a personal trainer and basically follows this plan, so i do too. basically eating low carb (under about 50carbs) 6 days a week, and high carb (over 150) on the 7th day. thats to lose weight, when i get to my goal weight, i'll do 5 days low, 2 days high.

luvnature
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:08 AM

we eat what we want in my house. the only food not allowed around me is pork (I am highly allergic to pork). I don't prevent anyone from making pork meat, but as long as they let me make my food first (to avoid getting pork grease on my food, which will send me in the hospital to have my stomach flushed. not fun.). I always have to ask counter helpers at the deli store and sub shops to wash the counters, utensils and change their gloves when serving me (most are nice and understand, but the odd one will be a real jerk and that is when I talk to the managers and things get resolved quickly and employees get written up for rudeness).

MrsSamMerlotte
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:12 AM
How long have you been doing it and how well is it working?

Quoting monkeydavis05:

i guess it would be called carb-cycling? my sister is a personal trainer and basically follows this plan, so i do too. basically eating low carb (under about 50carbs) 6 days a week, and high carb (over 150) on the 7th day. thats to lose weight, when i get to my goal weight, i'll do 5 days low, 2 days high.

TableforSeven
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:41 AM

We keep a kosher home, which includes our diet. 

Thanks for remembering to include it as an option!! :-D

Cubanmom84
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:45 AM

I don't follow diets... i have never been good with rules, and if you tell me you can't eat this guess what, am going to eat it lol so what I did was a "lifetyle" change. Meaning, I eat lots of greens, and leave out the Rice and Beans Cuban diet lol I eat proteins and greens mostly. If i want to eat anything else, I do it in moderation, just a bit, and then that's it. I don't deny myself of anything, I just don't eat major quantaties of it. i also go to the gym every day, and I don't look at it as "trying to lose weight" i look at it as, am trying to be healthy and trying to stay active, if I fit better in my jeans at the end of the week better for me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)