Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How often?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:54 PM
  • 15 Replies
How often are you supposed to swallow a spoonful of honey for a sore throat? I just had a spoon of it 15 minutes ago and my throat is back to being really sore again. :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tag3.0
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I gargle salt water and do a shot of whiskey

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:04 PM

From blood sugar level stand point ever 4 hrs or so.   It isnt an instant cure just like other things need time to work.  Did you eat or drink anything after it?  Was it a teaspoon or a tablespoon?   You can gargle with salt water for a sore throat as well.  Swish it around, gargle and spit out.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Gargling doesn't help me at all. :(

Quoting Tag3.0:

I gargle salt water and do a shot of whiskey

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Last night, I did a tablespoon and it felt so good at first. But like a half hour later, it wore off. Tonight, I did a teaspoon and again it felt good at first but quickly wore off. :/ I hate honey so getting the tablespoon down was hard that's why I switched to a teaspoon tonight lol.

Quoting frndlyfn:

From blood sugar level stand point ever 4 hrs or so.   It isnt an instant cure just like other things need time to work.  Did you eat or drink anything after it?  Was it a teaspoon or a tablespoon?   You can gargle with salt water for a sore throat as well.  Swish it around, gargle and spit out.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:10 PM

You can dilute it in a glass of water (warm to help melt honey) or an herbal tea as well to help make it palatable.  I love putting honey on toast.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Last night, I did a tablespoon and it felt so good at first. But like a half hour later, it wore off. Tonight, I did a teaspoon and again it felt good at first but quickly wore off. :/ I hate honey so getting the tablespoon down was hard that's why I switched to a teaspoon tonight lol.

Quoting frndlyfn:

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:12 PM
I tried it in tea earlier and I couldn't finish it lol. Honey on toast sounds delicious though! I really want to like honey but there's just something about it that turns me away.

Quoting frndlyfn:

You can dilute it in a glass of water (warm to help melt honey) or an herbal tea as well to help make it palatable.  I love putting honey on toast.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting frndlyfn:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Are you using local honey or just whatever one you could find in store?   Some honeys that stores sell have corn syrup in them as well.  i do a local honey and have found the clover honey or wildflower is too sweet now for me.  Our region has a blackberry honey which is when the bees pollinate blackberries not actual blackberry flavor.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:22 PM
It's from the grocery store but the only ingredient is honey. I think it's store brand.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Are you using local honey or just whatever one you could find in store?   Some honeys that stores sell have corn syrup in them as well.  i do a local honey and have found the clover honey or wildflower is too sweet now for me.  Our region has a blackberry honey which is when the bees pollinate blackberries not actual blackberry flavor.

Seagodess
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:57 PM

I hate the taste of honey, but tried doing that a couple days ago for a sore throat and cough. Didn't work for me. I just ended up getting some cough medicine and drops.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:18 AM
I'll probably buy some cough drops tomorrow. I'm not really coughing, just really sore throat.

Quoting Seagodess:

I hate the taste of honey, but tried doing that a couple days ago for a sore throat and cough. Didn't work for me. I just ended up getting some cough medicine and drops.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)