Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

2 bday advice

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:34 AM
  • 7 Replies

so its my daughters 2 birthday in less than a month and i was just wanting a bit of advice on what to do what decorations cake to get outfits we going for a meal with the familly but other than that what else to do

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
thenameshailie
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:45 AM
I made a big deal out of birthdays for my first dd but Im not sure why. With my new baby we will probably just have cake and a few small gifts until she's probably three because they just don't even care. Dinner sounds like enough to me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DragonInfinity
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

My ds is turning 2 in May as well as my dd is turning 1 in May....we are doing to mickey and minnie themed party/cake for them and having friends and family over to celerbrate...........................it's always been a big deal to throw big parties in my family! Happy Birthday to your dd!!!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safety in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!!!"

cgarlic
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
My dd will be 2 in August, but we will probably just do dinner/cake cuz we are suppose to be moving in June to another state.

I always did big parties for a first dd (will be 9 in June), however, last year we just went to the beach with some family/friends. She said it was get best birthday ever. I've come to realize its not about how much you spend, its about the memories you create.
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:10 AM
We got all out for both kids.Ds 1 will be 11 in Aug n Ds 2 will be 2 yr old in Dec.
RADmomma
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:17 AM
We always do a cook out style extended family & friends party for our oldest. Our youngest is a December baby though so I'm not sure what well do.

Good luck.
Brittanyk3
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:23 AM
is she into anything specific..like princess, dora ect??? if so i would just pick that at as a theme. get your cake as said theme. if your doing dinner with family i wouldnt go crazy on decorations. maybe just a birthday banner in the theme you pick. maybe some ballons on the cake or present table. i would just do a solid color of paper plates (its cheaper)...as for the outfit my daughter is a girly girl so i did the tutu with a cute shirt!
rachael822
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:36 AM

thank you for all your replies guys they been helpful

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)