Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Taking a job when you don't need it?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:31 AM
  • 5 Replies

Okay I don't need a job to make our ends meet. My husband would like me to be a stay at home mom but we agreed I can work part time. I have done so until feb when my job cut hours on most employees. They made all full time drop to part time and part time only work every other week. Well thus new facility opened near my house (I am a nurse and only like to work thirds). They are offering me a fulk time position. Idk what to do because I do enjoy working but am afraid full time will be too much 

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:55 AM
I like working so I'd do it! It sound like you enjoy working and helping people and enjoy what you do so, maybe you should do it!:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Try it if your DH agrees . Make sure he is willing to help more around the house and with your children. Working full time will cause many adjustments to be made in your home. Then go for it. Just think of the extras that pay check will buy.

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Try it for a while. See how it goes.  If your able to make ends meet on dh's income. That's great.  Your pay checks could go in savings. Building up some money for an emergency. 

ashiilolo
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I would take it. Extra money is always good. Im sure you get satisfaction out of helping people, so why not. I hope when I get a job I can do overnight.

NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:15 PM
I don't need a job to make ends meet but i like working.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)