Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Lump in my throat!

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:37 AM
  • 8 Replies
This sore throat that I have got way worse when I thought it couldn't. Now it feels like I have this huge lump in the back of my throat. I'm scared to fall back asleep because I feel like my throat is going to close. :/ It also seems like my mouth is producing more saliva and making me have to swallow more frequently. Help me!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
RADmomma
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:11 AM
I don't know any background info but try some ibuprofen? It will help with swelling & inflammation,
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:12 AM
I've been really sick and nothing has been helping with the pain. I just woke up and it seems the lump has gone down but it isn't away completely. I now also have a cough. :(

Quoting RADmomma:

I don't know any background info but try some ibuprofen? It will help with swelling & inflammation,
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Gargle with warm salt water. Sounds icky but its soothing. also drinking warm water or tea with honey and lemon helps too. A spray like chloraseptic can help anesthetize your throat, but you have to squirt it in the back or your tongue will feel funky for a little while(its like anbesol in a spray).
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:43 AM
I've tried all of that except the Chloraseptic. Is that safe while breastfeeding?

Quoting calsmom62:

Gargle with warm salt water. Sounds icky but its soothing. also drinking warm water or tea with honey and lemon helps too. A spray like chloraseptic can help anesthetize your throat, but you have to squirt it in the back or your tongue will feel funky for a little while(its like anbesol in a spray).
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:48 AM
I wold think so. But check because I last bf about 8 yrs ago so things could have changed.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

I've tried all of that except the Chloraseptic. Is that safe while breastfeeding?

Quoting calsmom62:

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Thanks!

Quoting calsmom62:

I wold think so. But check because I last bf about 8 yrs ago so things could have changed.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting calsmom62:

RADmomma
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Hope you feel better soon!
RADmomma
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Hope you feel better soon!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)