Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hello Everyone!

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:31 AM
  • 9 Replies

Hello everyone! I am not a new mom but have five kids who are pretty grown....my oldest is 27 and has been in the military for nine years now.  My second is a girl and almost 20...she owns her own photography business here in Wausau, WI. Next is my 18 year old who will be going off to college in the fall to study genetics.  She currently works as a secretary.  My fourth child/son, is 17 and a musician. He plays the trumpet in all local pit orchestras for perfomances like Les Miserables and Phantom of the Opera.  And last but not least is my youngest daughter.  She is interested in becoming a hairdresser at one of the finest schools in NYC. I just need a place to land to feel sane.  It is not easy raising teenagers all so close in age.  I am a writer and have written a book called The Nurse's Assistant and just started a blog called The Entrepreneurs.  I am including links for this so you can not only get to know me and my work, but also to help anyone out there who needs it in these areas.  But here is the thing! As a writer I need help and advice and socialization! I am home all of the time.  My kids have come close to driving me crazy at times and I would just love some friends!

https://theentrepreneurs.squarespace.com/blog/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Nurses-Assistant/101493059970548?ref=hl

http://www.facebook.com/GraysBlackLabel?ref=hl

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:50 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

WElcome to CafeMom,
Great to meet you :)

goodmama85
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!! :)

jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to cafemom
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!

funhappymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Welcome to the site :)

It sounds like you are have a great family. You must be doing great in raising your kids.

WausauCate
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Thank you so much for inviting me.  I do have a great family but not all is gold that glitters. It has been very hard work and sometimes I have thought about running away more than I did when I was a kid.  But....I am almost done now and so it is getting much easier as they get out, get jobs, pay bills and learn that I am not so crazy!  I am new here and do not know all the tricks of the site so I did not know about this group. 

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Welcome to the group. Just went to the link to your page about the book, looks interesting! I'm a retired nurse, and often thought about writing a book about my experiences, but they are so outdated now, no one would know what I was talking about, lol.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Welcome to the group!! You sure have a busy and fun life!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WausauCate
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:41 PM

The book is very funny.  I took all of the experiences I had that were funny and made sure it was a page turner.  I am about to release book two about a character in the first book.  It is a good reference manual that helps people have a leg up when searching or going to work at a nursing home.  The future books will be about characters who lived in America and what they did with their lives that no one has ever seen on the big screen.  These stories are basically untapped or I would not waste my time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)