Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Dr. Feingold

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:37 AM
  • 12 Replies
Has anyone heard of the Feingold diet? It was recommended to my husband and I for our son who has frequent nightmares.

I'm still researching the diet myself, but I thought I'd get on here and see if any of you ladies had heard of it and what your thoughts were.
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjgmommy05
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Never heard of it

Due9
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I've never heard of it

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Never heard of it. Sorry.

AmberRose1122
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:45 PM
We tried it and it helped with my sons ADHD a lot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ndalltheway
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Our 14 year old daughter is on it. I would buy the program through the website. It is very expensive to start. We had to throw away a lot of food and products we were using in our home. It also is very overwhelming at first. You will really need to plan and write down your meals and then go to the store. The first few times to the store my husband and I went alone. It took hours to figure out what was ok and what was not because not all foods listed in the program are available in the stores we shop, so we had to read a lot of labels. It gets easier as you go. One rule we have told our daughter is if it doesn't come from home she can not eat it. We send snacks to almost every place she goes, as well a pack her lunch each day.
It has helped calm her and we still stick to a loose form of the diet. I truly believe we all need to cut out all the additives, preservatives, and artificial colorings in our foods.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarciaD
by on May. 2, 2013 at 4:29 PM

We've used it a lot and would recommend it for sure. And, yes, do join. How expensive it is to start depends on the type of food you bought before you started but the org. (Feingold Assoc.) lays it all out for you, tells you which products have been researched to be okay, etc. As far as where to find the products (most are everyday brands you'd recognize), the website does have a list of which supermarkets carry which product or you can ask there. Any extra effort is worth it -- so much better than dealing with the unwanted behaviors. The website is w.feingold.org There's also a Yahoo group: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Feingold-Program4us/

Imjustinsmommy
by on May. 2, 2013 at 5:05 PM

nope sorry  never heard of it

RADmomma
by on May. 2, 2013 at 5:48 PM
I've never heard if it!
Clairwil
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Quoting cheesdog:

Has anyone heard of the Feingold diet?

Yes.

See my journal entry, I go into detail on that diet in one of the later parts:

MarciaD
by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:58 AM

The Feingold Program, commonly called the Feingold diet, has nothing to do with weight loss. It is an elimination diet to determine chemical sensitivities.

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting cheesdog:

Has anyone heard of the Feingold diet?

Yes.

See my journal entry, I go into detail on that diet in one of the later parts:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)