Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help! We have BUGS!

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:00 PM
  • 9 Replies

Took the kids for a walk, came back, my kitchen is covered with flying ants. After screaming and crying (I hate bugs, they scare the shit out of me) I called my fiance and he can't get off work early so I'm stuck fending for myself (and the kids). I started vaccuuming them up and they started flying and landing on me (causing me to scream and strip down naked). I would be going to the store right now to get some kind of bug-killer stuff but my kids are napping. After they wake up, what should I get from the store? Any suggestions????

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Aislinn
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:04 PM

You have to get an exterminator, Hon. I will not go into details, but you will not be able to stop this with anything you can get at the store. You have to get this taken care of, ASAP. They will destroy your house. They are more commonly known as Carpenter Ants.

BoxxyBabee
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Quoting Aislinn:

You have to get an exterminator, Hon. I will not go into details, but you will not be able to stop this with anything you can get at the store. You have to get this taken care of, ASAP. They will destroy your house. They are more commonly known as Carpenter Ants.

Oh god :( Thanks :(

Aislinn
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Quoting BoxxyBabee:

Quoting Aislinn:

Oh god :( Thanks :(

So sorry... I feel bad being the bearer of bad news... :(  If it was only a couple, I would not be too concerned. But, a whole kitchen full? It sounds like a nest has hatched. 

flprincessmom
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Is there any way you can share a pic of what they look like?  I have these tiny ant looking bugs too, seem to come out of no where and they are not going away.....and we get pest control every week.....and I am wiping down all areas with vinegar.....

BoxxyBabee
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Quoting flprincessmom:

Is there any way you can share a pic of what they look like?  I have these tiny ant looking bugs too, seem to come out of no where and they are not going away.....and we get pest control every week.....and I am wiping down all areas with vinegar.....

I'm too scared to go in there.. but here's a google pic

ashley1693
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:12 PM
That looks like a carpenter ant. You want to call a professional. Sorry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
flprincessmom
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

oh damn..,.I would be scared too!!!....mine look like little tiny specs of dirt.....coming from everywhere....gonna see if I can google it...

Quoting BoxxyBabee:

Quoting flprincessmom:

I'm too scared to go in there.. but here's a google pic

mom 2 a Princess Diva..<3wearing crown

flprincessmom
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:31 AM

well, pest control came yesterday and said they are sugar ants. since he has been treating my apartment the same way for 6 weeks now, and they are still here he is going to "bomb"......let's hope this solves it....these little pests are everywhere in my kitchen, and into everything....I am an OCD neat freak, so there is no food or crumbs anywhere and never a dirty dish in the sink....so this is really bothering me....

SnapIt
by Movin' on up on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:34 AM
A nest just hatched!!!
Ughh

Horrible

If they are carpenter ants thats not good
You have to find the adults or they can eat the wood of your home til it becomes so brittle and damaged it will fall apart!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN