Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Loose tooth help PLEASE **UPDATE 4/8***

Posted by   + Show Post

The tooth is now at point where dd can move it 180 degrees in her mouth and it is bleeding. How soon should it be falling out on its own?  She is stressing out that her mouth will be bloody when she goes to school tomorrow and her friends will get upset.

It is now out.  DD finally asked for a tissue to help the tooth out since it was hanging out of her mouth ha ha. 4/8/13, 4:36pm

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Replies (11-17):
EsmeVincent
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this
My 5yr old came home last Wed and said "my tooth is loose!"...the next day at naptime he pulled it out himself....he was so proud of himself

Quoting crazymom21:

Mine just really like money. I usually make them wait till its super wiggly. Though my 5yr old wasn't patient enough. He sat on the bathroom counter looking in the mirror till he got his first loose tooth out. He was so excited.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting crazymom21:

I tie floss around my kids loose teeth and pull the string into a knot till it pops the tooth out. Though keeping it from slipping off the tooth is the hard part. Or just let it alone and it will come out on its own. The more she wiggles it the faster it'll fall out also.

Thanks she wont let me touch it at all.  Hopefully we can brush teeth tonight.  I told her there is a higher premium for clean teeth.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by faith on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:56 AM

My youngest always asks me to tie a string around his loose tooth. I make a slipknot and go over the tooth and way down so it is under where the tooth is loose,pull the string tight and then he wiggles the string around till the tooth comes out. What it is really doing is cutting through that last tiny bit of gum tissue. Then take a kleenex or toilet paper and bite on it for a bit.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:12 AM

Ok thanks.  I am trying to get her to eat some melon to help ha ha.   She is usually good about any time she has a bleeding injury but the tooth thing is freaking her out. The bleeding has stopped though for now.

Quoting cjsix:

My youngest always asks me to tie a string around his loose tooth. I make a slipknot and go over the tooth and way down so it is under where the tooth is loose,pull the string tight and then he wiggles the string around till the tooth comes out. What it is really doing is cutting through that last tiny bit of gum tissue. Then take a kleenex or toilet paper and bite on it for a bit.

crazymom21
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:08 AM
Exactly this but worded better than I put it. =)

Quoting cjsix:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
happy41ce
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:20 AM
My dd pulls hers. She asks for string ( after I confirm it needs pulled).. I tie and she yanks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:38 PM

BUMP

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:32 PM

lunchbag

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN