Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

PLEASE HELP~ are double strollers really necessary???

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:08 PM
  • 26 Replies

I will be taking in my nephews this weekend who are 20 months and 3 yrs old. for moms of twins or children within 2 years of each other, do you recommend a double stroller? if so, what is a good brand? I have 3 children of my own but they are 14, 11, and 7. with that age range, I never had the need for a double stroller! 

"if you can't be good, be good at it..."
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
specialwingz
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I have identical twin boys.  I could NOT have managed without our double stroller.  Nothing like 2 kids that decide they just aren't walking anymore.  LOL.

But, just for a weekend?  I guess it depends on what you are planning to do with them.  If you are planning to go somewhere where you are going to be doing a lot of walking, maybe you can borrow a friend's or neighbor's?

lilblu399
by Tamika on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:17 PM
If it's going to be a busy weekend out and about, and if the 3yo naps, yeah, both could be tried around the same time and it's not fun trying to pull a tried toddler around.
I have a sit and stand by baby trend, it has an actual seat in the front and a bench seat in the back, it's a big big but it handles well and has a nice basket on the bottom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C8linVilla
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:18 PM

i have a 4 yr old, 2 yr old and 1 yr old. im 29 weeks pregnant. YES they are neccesary. I wish i could find a triple stroller! I have a Jeep double stroller. BEST for hiking and on rocks/gravel. if its like the zoo or something then you could get by with a graco stroller. but they are pretty cheaply made. do not get side by side. those are a pain in the ass! And harder to get in doors and what not. 

2curly
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I don't think you would need one for just a weekend.  I bought one off of a friend after having my DD.  my son was about 2 1/2 at the time. I only used it maybe 2 times in the beginning when DD was in the carrier.  I mostly just use my one stroller and my son walks.  They are now 18 months and 3 1/2 years old and I just sold my double stroller since I don't use it. 

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Do they have one they could leave with you? I wouldn't buy one for just that short time but you will need it! Check out Once Upon A Child
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:30 PM
I have a 3 year old and an 18 month old and even though I wear my kids a lot in my Boba carrier I still bring my double stroller everywhere
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wulfeyes05
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I love my double stroller, I think it's a Graco.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:34 PM
If you are going around the neighborhood with them, a single stroller for the little one and one of your older kids holding the 3yr old 's hand should be fine. At the malls you could rent a little push car for two....I used to use a radio flyer wagon for mine who were 3 yrs apart, for walks to the parks, etc.

Quoting temage:

I will be taking in my nephews this weekend who are 20 months and 3 yrs old. for moms of twins or children within 2 years of each other, do you recommend a double stroller? if so, what is a good brand? I have 3 children of my own but they are 14, 11, and 7. with that age range, I never had the need for a double stroller! 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vetNmommy
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Not really. With my twins we did get a double stroller, but they were infants and I had a 15 month old. I simply wore one of the twins, and placed the other in the stroller with my 15 month old. If it would have been a singleton after my first I would not have gotten a double stroller.

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I had 2 children within 10 1/2 months it was absolutely necessary.  Neither could walk PLUS I had their 4 yr old brother.  he held the side  and they both rode.  i can't imagine what I would of done without it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN