Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you go to yardsales?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:41 PM
  • 24 Replies
I used to when my boys were young, then I would turn around and have them myself when they outgrew the items! I have not had a yardsale in YEARS.......I filled my covered porch with just stuff from our attic! Now I am going room to room, clearing out. While I dont have little clothes or baby gear, I do have lots and lots of other neat stuff that brought back so many memories for me as I went through it. So, do you go to yard sales and what is it you look for when you go?
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sharon300
by Sharon on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I love yardsales. I look for clothes, household items. Knick knacks to decorate with. Just about everything.

sweetr0se
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:15 PM

OMG YES!! I love yardsales, sometimes you can find real treasures!! Plus it's a fun thing to do with family and friends!

Indianamomto4
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I love yard sales and am excited that it's getting warm enough here to start seeing some again. I am a mom of 4 and I look for everything from clothing for my whole family to books, household items, toys and sports equipment. Really anything I need that saves me money from having to buy it new.

mommysangelface
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Quoting Sharon300:

I love yardsales. I look for clothes, household items. Knick knacks to decorate with. Just about everything.

terpmama
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I do... My bestie has a kids resale store so I go yardsaling with her on weekends to find stuff for the store and spread the word about the store. So mostly kid stuff and kid clothes.

momdoes
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:56 PM

BUMP!

Matriarch87
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Yea I had a yard sale once it....

Looking at all my shit in my yard was fun at first, until everyone started arriving and jewing me down on my prices...like, really?  A $1.00 is too much for a new electric can opener that is still in the box, you only wanna pay $0.50?  After a while I was irritated with society and having to haggle over chump changeand spray painted a piece of plywood that said, "FREE SHIT" and propped it up against a tree and went inside only to come out and tell people that they couldn't have the tables all my shit was sitting on and then had to spray paint, "tables not included" underneath "FREE SHIT".  

IandLoveandYou
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM

I LOVE yard sales :).

I look for anything really.. but vinyl records are my favorite find. Last summer I found a Simon & Garfunkel album, James Taylor, Led Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy, and a Doobie Brothers album... in a crate marked "All Records 0.50 each"... AWESOME :D.

I have a really pretty wine decanter, and some cool bookends too. I also like to get play clothes for spring/summer/fall for my daughter there.

I'm a bargain hunter..and love to find hidden treasures and what not.. so I loove flea markets, yard sales, and thrift shops :).

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM
We usually have two yard sales a year. We will be having our first ys in a few months. We rarely go to yard sales.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.stella.
by Stella on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:19 PM

LOVE yard sales! Havent been to a good one in years!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)