Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

REALLY?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:25 AM
  • 13 Replies

So I deleted my cafemom account over a year ago due to much INSANE drama. Decided to give it another try. 

My youngest will be 3 mid July. She is pretty much potty trained. However, she has days that she just says screw it and will pee herself. She was dry for 4 days and we gave her lots of praise and stickers. Today she peed herself twice. 

Now, I have been babysitting the two little boys next door. I watch them 7-4 mon-fri. This week I only have them until noon because its spring break. 

She will tell me she has to go potty and run away, usually to the bathroom, she will then come back and look at me and pee herself. 

I'm not sure what to do. I have already take gymnastics away. 

The first time my now 4.5 year old peed herself she was potty trained day and night 

any advice?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GeekMommi
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:12 AM
Do you know if anything is wrong with her bladder? I know a lot of kids get infections or diabetes makes kids pee often.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MMMMmama
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:59 AM

She was doing fine and does fine on most days. She just has days that she gets super hard headed and won't use it.

Quoting GeekMommi:

Do you know if anything is wrong with her bladder? I know a lot of kids get infections or diabetes makes kids pee often.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:19 AM

I am sorry.  My oldest son seemed to refuse the potty all together.  The easy part was nighttime.  Maybe she is doing it for attention?  I'm not sure.  Welcome back!!

MMMMmama
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I was wondering the same thing.  I told my husband I need to give the lady I'm sitting for some notice. My kids need to come first. I'm thinking she is acting out when they are here because that is usually when she does it.

Quoting ScrChk23:

I am sorry.  My oldest son seemed to refuse the potty all together.  The easy part was nighttime.  Maybe she is doing it for attention?  I'm not sure.  Welcome back!!

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:51 AM

That would be my thought then.  Or she may be trying to get the attention of the kids you watch since they are older.

Quoting MMMMmama:

I was wondering the same thing.  I told my husband I need to give the lady I'm sitting for some notice. My kids need to come first. I'm thinking she is acting out when they are here because that is usually when she does it.

Quoting ScrChk23:

Love to read?  Join us!

gwebkeijmmm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM
When she tells you that she has to pee and runs to the bathroom, follow her. Make sure she does.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovemyirish
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Make her clean herself when she wets herself. If she doesn't like doing that, maybe she'll go in the potty instead of her underwear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:58 AM
JMO but if she is peeing herself for attention when the other kids are there, giving her what she wants (no more babysitting) is just condoning her behavior and giving her the win. The next time she doesn't get her way, will she revert back to peeing herself until she does?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Good point. But kids do have accidents. My 6 y/o had 2 a few monts ago, she just got so busy playing and waited too long.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

JMO but if she is peeing herself for attention when the other kids are there, giving her what she wants (no more babysitting) is just condoning her behavior and giving her the win. The next time she doesn't get her way, will she revert back to peeing herself until she does?

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:50 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:07 AM

You've been given some great suggestions,
Foolow her to bathroom,
Clean her up well if she has an accident.
Mabye she will get it then
Good luck :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)