Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frustrated!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:08 PM
  • 6 Replies
I'm so frustrated! I cannot find friends here, in this stupid town. My husband & I & our 17 month old boy have lived here a year now. We attend church, but have no friends. it sucks!! There are only a few young couples at our church & they are too stuck up to be friends with us. Just sucks having no one to shop or get coffee with. We live in jackson-humboldt Tennessee area, I've tried the "tn mom" groups, but no one is in our area. Really starting to hate this place.

Ok I'm done ranting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GAGirl92
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I know how you feel me, myhusband and our 2 kids are stationed at ft benning and everyone is sooo stuck up, I guess that goes along with how high your husband is ranked. I have no family around no friends just my little family I have with me and thats it. I couldnt tell you if your luck will be better than mine, we have been here for almost 2 years.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I'm in Indiana, but I am always available on here

mom_dl6
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I know how you feel we moved from Ks. to Wy. in 05 and still I have no Friends and well hubby gets along with the guys he works with and can make friends in secs. I'm more reserved because of trust issues i have with other people who want to be Friends,seeing how when we moved from Ks. we had a lot of friends (So we thought) but once we moved here it was like we never exsisted at all in their lives *sigh* We were the ones Always calling them ect. but after a few years we just stopped. It makes me sad too many people would rather have conveinant Friends instead of real life long  Forever Friends anymore :0(

asia84
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Yea it sucks. We moved from Texas, we had quite a few friends there cause I worked and made friends. now I'm a stay at home mom, no local friends. I even have my son in baby music classes in hopes of making some mommy friends... Well there is like 5 out of 14 classes left.... And still no luck in the friend dept! It really sucks. I just want some family friends. Ugh!!!!
alexis_06
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:04 PM

i get it! i moved about 5.5yrs ago...and still havent found anyone here to go and have coffee with! (aside from my mom)  i've been at the same job for 5 yrs...and yes, there's people there my age..but..nope, nothing!! i've been out with people form work ONCE at that was just for abday party at a retaurant..and that was 3yrs ago.  i thought things would change once my daughter got into school...but...shes in grade 3...and still, nothin!! i lead a very lonely life..and it frickin sucks!  if anything ever happened to my mom, i dont know what i would do!

asia84
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Closest family we have is the hubs family.... And they aren't fond of me (feeling is mutual), they are 12 hours driving away. But they'd be here if we needed them... that's nice and all.... But doesn't help us with friends. :/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)