Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My hair makes me sweat.

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM
  • 13 Replies

Ive always wanted long hair but once it gets shoulder length it makes me really hot. my neck gets hot, my face gets really oily and even my ears get oily. It gets stringy and matted down by the end of the day. I always have to wipe the oil off my face, but my face is still oily looking. What can I do?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Have it thinned out maybe.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Butterfly1108
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Why don't you wear it up in a bun or ponytail and when there is special occasion let that hair down girl that is what I do.

BoxxyBabee
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Quoting Butterfly1108:

Why don't you wear it up in a bun or ponytail and when there is special occasion let that hair down girl that is what I do.

I look a lot better with it down. Wearing it up outside of the house makes me feel boyish methinks.

Butterfly1108
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:45 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh and as far as your face just have some tissue with you and dab the oil off don't wipe and if your make up free just wash your face when you feeling your face oily.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Not sure how using a nice ponytail makes you look boyish but that is your perception.   I use the wraparound headbands to help lift the hair off neck w/o putting it up constantly.  I also put the top half up in a half pony for some relief on hot days.  You can wear hair clips, learn how to do fancy braids in hair, etc to help combat it being flat against your head.

OwlNuggets
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Go get it thinned at a professional salon. They skillfully cut layers out to thin out the mass of hair so it can be long but not excessively heavy.
I've had it done, totally worth it/ 

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Get your hair thinned. 

bbjade
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Do you use hair products? Try not to, or look for clarifying shampoos maybe? If u don't like all your hair up u could try half up or wear a pretty headband.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:42 PM

getting it thinned will make a huuuuge difference! 

elm498
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Over washing your hair can cause your scalp to be oily, which can also cause your face to appear/feel oily.

The headband suggestion is something is was going to suggest too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)