Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I don't take threats too kindly OMG.........Update

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:06 PM
  • 86 Replies
3 moms liked this

My 18 yr old son has a problem with parking in our two car driveway.

My car is usually under the carport, with dh's behind mine when he gets home. Works well for us cause he leaves earlier in the AM than I do. Son parks on the street, right in front of the house. This way, (as teens come and go so much) it is easier for us all.

Well, son thinks because he is 18 now, if dh is not home, he can park in driveway. We have told not to do that because then when we (me, usually) want to go somewhere, we have to have son move his car. And heaven forbid son leaves with his buddy and leaves his car behind mine in the driveway and I need to go somewhere and son did not leave his keys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today, son comes in, takes a nap. After about an hour, I look outside and his car is behind mine in the driveway. I go in his room, get his keys, move his car. I come back in and tell him, do not ever park in driveway again. I wont be damned if an hour later, son goes somewhere, comes back and where does he park?

IN THE FUCKING DRIVEWAY! Dh is due to be home any minute! I look at son and say, "Why? I thought I told you not to park there?" Son says, "I only came in for blah, blah, blah. What's the big deal?"

I tell him again about dh needing that spot, me possibly needing to go somewhere and that he could have just parked on the street to come in and out just as easily as parking in driveway. (actually if he had parked on street, he would have been closer to the front door!)

Son then states........

"Well, if that is how it is, don't expect me to help out around here anymore!"

REALLY?

I shot back that he didnt do anything any fucking way without my bitching about it first so no biggie and to not worry his self with me asking a fucking thing from him!

I am so pissed right now!

UPDATE!

O..M...God!

This boy decided today when he got back from a friends house that he would park on the street BUT he rode up on the curb and had his fucking car on the grass!!!!! (grass between sidewalk and road) He knows I am a freak when it comes to my front yard (come on, thats what people see first).

I blew the fuck up!!!!!

I told him that this is his only warning and if He keeps up with the stupid, spiteful parking situation bullshit, his car would be towed and I would refuse to tell him where to. He would have to go to his dad (who legally owns the fucker) and call around to find it!!!!!!!! And I plan to have that bitch towed at least 50 miles away from here!!!!!!!

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:11 PM
9 moms liked this
Maybe it's time for him to find his own place to live?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

He is still in high school until June. But you can bet if he gets lippy again after graduation, his ass will be gone!

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Oh I see.

Quoting momdoes:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

He is still in high school until June. But you can bet if he gets lippy again after graduation, his ass will be gone!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:15 PM
21 moms liked this

Simple fix, take his car keys away.  GIve him a good old fashioned consequence rather than fight who was right or wrong.   Son, I will move your car and take the keys away.  Your friends can tote your butt around for the next few days.

RobinBright
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:21 PM
5 moms liked this

The car keys would be hidden in my room, simple as that.   Driving is a privilege, not a right.  

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Amen.

Quoting RobinBright:

The car keys would be hidden in my room, simple as that.   Driving is a privilege, not a right.  

.Nucking.Futs.
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:10 PM
He wouldn't be driving anymore if he was in my Home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IandLoveandYou
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:12 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd be moving his car out into the road and keeping the keys for a while!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KSBlueyz
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

He's making a power play and since he knows you're only gonna bitch at him I would do as pp suggests and take his keys. Remind him of the fact that you are the parent and the one whose rules must be respected. Just because he's older doesn't mean he gets to be a stinker. You wouldn't have tolerated it from a 5 or 6 year old....stand your ground mama.

lovenMyfamily
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:11 PM

You could go the extra mile and have his car towed. ? IDK. I would have never been that way towards my parents. I do think he's outta line. If you think it will turn into a mess by taking the keys, having it towed might be a better way to get through to him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN