Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need advice on my sick 5 yr old dd

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:17 PM
  • 8 Replies
She has ongoing tummy issues. She is not a complainer at all. So if she mentionimg it she is miserable. I had her to gastro. Shes on prilosec,miralax and perryactin. She just had a scope last week. The biopsys came back normal. A ultrasound came back fine. Xray showed she wad constipated. We did the clean out and she gets mirslax daily. Tonight is exceptionally bad for her. She is crying. Shd also has a very very tight cough.im not sure what to do. Considering what has already been done, what else could a er do?. Shes miserable she has been going potty. Wr also took all dairy from her to see if that helps, so far it hasnt.

would u bother taking her to er? My other issue is shes horrified of needles, and will melt down. I just dunno what to do. Also she has no fever
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
juansmommy
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Bump
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Have you had her checked for food allergies or sensitivities as well?  If the pain is bad enough, yes I would take her to hte ER for gall bladder or appendix issues.  I would hate to think what if i ignored stomach pain and something got very infected or exploded.

juansmommy
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Thanx :-) its weird there is no fever. She has been looked at for food allergy snd she has none that theyfound
lovinmama411
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:40 PM

DS8 is the same way and has been for years. He has been on miralax since he was about 3 or 4. I have tried everything and really giving him the miralax regularly is the only thing that keeps him regular. They sale these Fiber One bars for kids that I buy sometimes, I give him one of those and usually he will have to go to the bathroom within a few minutes. Blueberries cleans him out too. On a few occasions, I have given him laxatives. The chocolate chewy ones. I give him one before bed and the next afternoon he will clean out. That is only when it is bothering him really bad or he hasn't had the miralax in a few days. 

I'm not sure about mixing what she is already on, but if she is really constipated a mild laxative will not hurt her. The gentle overnight relief will help her go and it won't be all crampy like regular laxatives. I'm not sure the er would do anything. I've been in the same position and they usually just do an xray and give him a laxative and say come back if he doesn't go in a couple days.

I HATE when he gets so backed up he is miserable, it is so pitiful to see them in that kind of pain. I hope she feels better soon! And with the cough, if it is rattly or wheezy at all you may want to get that looked at. Last time my DS had a cough like that and I thought it wasn't too bad it turned out to be pneumonia. It didn't seem bad at all so I was pretty shocked. He is also asthmatic though.

juansmommy
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:46 PM
awww for your little guy. She gets a cap full of miralax daily. Her dr had her do a clean out they do for surgery. Shes simewhat asleep but moaning :-(
Victorine5
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Poor baby!! I agree with a mild laxative. I rember when I was small and that cramping feeling back then all we did have was the choc that I didn't really care for but that's what people used. There are really alit if good ones out there. Ask the pharmacist what he thinks. She just needs to sit on the pot and relax. It's rough when your young . Best of luck!
KJH78
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Find a local healthfood/herbal store they will have something to help. I would recommend HCL and HCL activator (you take it with the HCL) it's great for any digestive issue. You may also look at Activated Charcoal. I bought mine at Kroger. I'm not sure what all it can be used for but I understand it to help with digestive type issues, as well. I'm sure there are other remedies I'm not aware of which is why I would contact a local herbal store to see what they would recommend. Also, with food allergies these test can vary greatly depending on the lab. The only lab I know that guarantees their results is Immuno Labs based out of Florida. I was diagnosed with colitis and after years of suffering while on a prescription medication I did this, followed the results and am off the meds with no issues. Good luck sending prayers for your baby girl.

MDWife12
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:10 PM

In all honesty......I would cut ALL milk products out of her diet....I would also cut gluten out of her diet as well, but definitely start with milk products.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)