Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hi

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:16 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hi, my name is Lucy. I have a 7 year old and a three month old. I'm still trying to get into a routine, I'm finding that it's a bit more challenging this time around.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MRamos18
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi.. I have a 4 year old going to be 5 this may on the 31st. & I have a 1 year old & 3 months. And I remember it like if it was yesterday it was so hard at the begain for me starting all over again. I, thought I was going to die but it does get better. But you still going to have those days and think how do I do it. But you need to remember they are only a baby for so long and when your 7 year old goes to school go back home with your baby and take a nap and then deal with the house cleaning and cooking and then picking up your kid from school. We moms want to be super moms but were not we try. We get so overwhelmed because we want to do everthing at once take it easy and just take it day by day things will get better it did for me and it will for you.
LSol17
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Today was definitely a challenge. My little one did not want to nap longer than 30 minutes at a time. I didn't get anything done. I can't seem to get her on any kind of schedule. My oldest kind of put himself on one, so I just went with it. What is your little one's schedule like?
MRamos18
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Quoting LSol17:

Today was definitely a challenge. My little one did not want to nap longer than 30 minutes at a time. I didn't get anything done. I can't seem to get her on any kind of schedule. My oldest kind of put himself on one, so I just went with it. What is your little one's schedule like?

MRamos18
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM
I am so sorry i am new at,this trying to see where to go to write look at your messges.. Lol!! I hope I get it soon. My daughter was like that to at first and then someone told me to put a little of baby cearel in her milk so she can get fuller and stay sleeping a little longer didnt do it for a few months but when I did it, it really worked. Are you with your boyfriend or husband? If you are when he gets home take a nap and let him deal with the kids for a little while. My daughter is a good napper in the afternoon. She will sleep at 12pm & not wake up until 2pm or longer if I let her. she loves to sleep and so do I. I put my other daughter down for a nap with us. It is so great
MamaBirdski
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Hi everyone! New mom here...I have a little boy who is 2 months old today! Things haven't been easy to adjust to...I have a fantastic husband who helps out a lot...I am very grateful for that..but we live about 7 hours away from all of our family...so it hard not having our mothers to lean on. My little boy has colic issues..and can be quite the handful! Looking forward to meeting some moms on here! <3
LSol17
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:04 PM
I'm new at this too, no worries. My little one sleeps well at night. We put her down between 8-9, she'll wake up around 3, eat, and will go back to sleep. I usually wake her up around 7:45, take my son to school, come home and feed her by 8. That's when her schedule stops being consistent. She usually falls asleep again in the morning during her feeding but when I put her down, she wakes up. So I'll play with her and she gets fussy like she's sleepy so I rock her to sleep but when I lay her down she wakes up and cries. And that's usually how our day goes. She eats every 3-4 hours but wants to be held a lot. She has reflux, so I'm thinking that may be the cause. My husband goes to work from 7 am--8 pm. When he gets home I'm usually getting them both ready for bed, so he jumps in to help, but I feel bad because he doesn't even get to eat dinner sometimes. I may try the cereal...I was reading that helps with reflux also.

Quoting MRamos18:

I am so sorry i am new at,this trying to see where to go to write look at your messges.. Lol!! I hope I get it soon. My daughter was like that to at first and then someone told me to put a little of baby cearel in her milk so she can get fuller and stay sleeping a little longer didnt do it for a few months but when I did it, it really worked. Are you with your boyfriend or husband? If you are when he gets home take a nap and let him deal with the kids for a little while. My daughter is a good napper in the afternoon. She will sleep at 12pm & not wake up until 2pm or longer if I let her. she loves to sleep and so do I. I put my other daughter down for a nap with us. It is so great

LSol17
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm new here too. Congrats on your new baby. We are trying to get into some kind of routine here too. It must be tough being so far from family. Hang in there!

Quoting MamaBirdski:

Hi everyone!
New mom here...I have a little boy who is 2 months old today!
Things haven't been easy to adjust to...I have a fantastic husband who helps out a lot...I am very grateful for that..but we live about 7 hours away from all of our family...so it hard not having our mothers to lean on.
My little boy has colic issues..and can be quite the handful! Looking forward to meeting some moms on here! <3

RADmomma
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Welcome to cafemom ladies!!

I'm Sara. I have 2 girls. Rae is 5.5 and Kota is 4 months!!

If you need any help just quote this reply & I'll do my best!!
RADmomma
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:17 PM

LSol17
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Hi Sarah! Is your four month old on a schedule?

Quoting RADmomma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN