Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

4 yr old sick no idea what it is...

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:58 AM
  • 4 Replies
My 4 yr old ds has been vomiting off and on for almost two weeks now. W took him to the hospital on Friday and they kept him all weekend for observation and released us Sunday morning saying he was fine. Got home Sunday and he vomited again. I called up to the hospital and the said that if he vomited again to bring him back up but he was fine the rest of the day. Tonight he vomited again. I'm so confused on what could be wrong with him. They ran CT scans, ultrasounds, blood work and didn't find anything. Are there any mommas who have dealt with something similar and if so what did it end up being? Btw with the vomiting there have been no other flu symptoms like fever or diarrhea. That's what has his ped Dr a bit confused.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jojo_star
by Jojo on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Has your diet changed at all? Even just a new spice? Is he having any abdominal pain? Could it be an ulcer maybe? Is it blood tinged or just vomit? My only advice would be keep bugging the doctors until they find the cause, and in the meantime, keep him hydrated and stick to as bland a diet as possible.  

Athenas_mom
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:04 AM
He's actually barely eating because his "tummy is mad". I make sure he drinks all the time but sometimes it just comes back up. We're on a diet of pedisure and pedilite for the most part. Nothing had change diet wise either.
mrs.ramirez
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Heartburn? A stomach flu followed by a recovering stomach lining?
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Stay away from anything that has dairy for now.  Not sure if you are using the clear pediasures or the creamy ones.    Try having him drink Smart Water instead of the other stuff to see if that will stay down.  I almost think now it is a reaction to the things he is drinking/eating or could be stress caused.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)