Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Disneyland

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:25 AM
  • 14 Replies
Going to take my son next week to Disney land for the first time. Any advice on what I should take?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elliemom1
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:59 AM
1 mom liked this
How old is your son? I go to disney all the time. I definitely recommend bringing your own food . Get as many fast passes as you and save a seat for the parade (have to get there early) Hope you have fun!
RADmomma
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:50 AM
How old us he? How are you getting there?
Elytra
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:36 AM
What's the best ticket pass for one year old. Should I get annual pass. Are they still free for younger than 2 years ?
Elytra
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:36 AM
What's the best ticket pass for one year old. Should I get annual pass. Are they still free for younger than 2 years ?
onecuteladybug2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:39 AM

You don't need a ticket for a child that age. Unless you are planning on going often, an annual pass for yourself is kind of wasteful as well.

Quoting Elytra:

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

asia84
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
We just went last weekend! I have a 17 month old. He was free. Pack snacks, water bottles, stroller! Def want your own stroller! (Renting one from Disney is fine, but they are all the same color, so can get mixed up!) also.. Your stroller can & may be moved from where you parked it when you went on a ride! (Ours was moved 2x. Due to parade. Cast members move them. Don't fret! Just keep an eye out for where they moved it to, or ask a cast member near by.)
Sun screen! A hat! Camera! Lots of pictures!
Not ALL child rides have fast passes. But get fast passes for the rides you really wanna ride before days end.
My 17 month old did great on pirates & haunted mansion. After that we did the baby rides for him. He loved it! The hardest part was keeping him occupied in line. (Can't take stroller in line).
Keep your ticket, get your hand stamped!
We played all day, then at 5pm we took our son home he took a two hour nap & we went back to the park for fireworks & a few more rides. He stayed till closing. It was a awesome day, & we'd def do it again! :)
Have fun!!!! :)
Are you going to Disneyland California? Or disney world Florida?
AF_Petite
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Take very comfortable shoes!
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

how old is he, are you going just for the day?

anyway, water, snacks, sunscreen

MKMommy562
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:52 PM
We are getting the year pass but his first trip we are doing CA adventure because of cars land and the next day we are going to the main park. He is going to be 4 next Sunday so it's his birthday trip. Do you know if the information center still gives out the free pins on your b-day?

Quoting asia84:

We just went last weekend! I have a 17 month old. He was free. Pack snacks, water bottles, stroller! Def want your own stroller! (Renting one from Disney is fine, but they are all the same color, so can get mixed up!) also.. Your stroller can & may be moved from where you parked it when you went on a ride! (Ours was moved 2x. Due to parade. Cast members move them. Don't fret! Just keep an eye out for where they moved it to, or ask a cast member near by.)

Sun screen! A hat! Camera! Lots of pictures!

Not ALL child rides have fast passes. But get fast passes for the rides you really wanna ride before days end.

My 17 month old did great on pirates & haunted mansion. After that we did the baby rides for him. He loved it! The hardest part was keeping him occupied in line. (Can't take stroller in line).

Keep your ticket, get your hand stamped!

We played all day, then at 5pm we took our son home he took a two hour nap & we went back to the park for fireworks & a few more rides. He stayed till closing. It was a awesome day, & we'd def do it again! :)

Have fun!!!! :)

Are you going to Disneyland California? Or disney world Florida?

MKMommy562
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:53 PM
He will be Turing 4 so it our birthday gift. Want to be prepared and don't want to spend too much money since we are going two days in a row.

Quoting elliemom1:

How old is your son? I go to disney all the time. I definitely recommend bringing your own food . Get as many fast passes as you and save a seat for the parade (have to get there early) Hope you have fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN