Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

THIS IS MY STORY !

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:01 PM
  • 6 Replies

Im a very opened minded person,warm hearted,good listener ,I was born in puerto rico and raised in Brooklyn N.Y and Reading Pa!

I never got the change to meet my father,cause my mother meet another man and walked out on my father when i was only 2.

everytime i spoke about my father,my mother told me he was crazy and i was not to talk about him again!

I went against her wishes and searched for my dad,and it wasn't until the age 39 ,when i found him.I meet my father and promised him ,every may for a week or 2 ,i would come to puerto rico and visit him.

3 years later my father died on me,due to an upper resportory infection.even though we only had a short time together,my father was known to be a loving caring person,despite his mental illness,he made sure i was taking cared of and loved.(RIP)jose velez

growing up my mother was verberly,emotionally and physically abusive with me,she allowed her boyfriend,to  sexually abuse me at the age of 15 & the night before my sweet 16 ,he forced himself on me,taking away my virginity!

my mom walked in and cought him,and she choose to LOOK the other way,she told me"WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT,FOR ME TO FORGET ABOUT IT,THAT IT WOULDN'T HAPPEN AGAIN"

Every change he got,he would sexually,emotionally physically abuse me.

In shock and disbelieve ,i walked away! the abuse continued,and i told my mother,each and every time,he abused me,but i only got beat,and abused more!

when i turned 18,i ran away from home,to escape the abuse!

I end up facing various obstacles to independence and sucessfully gratuated high to in june of 1988

I had 4 relationships in my life and the 3 out of 4, they were all emotional,verberally,physically abusive!the 4th man i meet became the love of my life,he took me and my kids in,and took good care for us and provided us with our needs,but all that ended,when he was arrested and charged with a horrible crime! he is now doing 4-10 years in state prison.

I got 2 wonderfull kids

kimberly 12 and joshua 16,and they are the love of my life,and the reason for me to live,and keep going!

My goal and dreams  is to get a degree in Criminal Justice,So I can educate and motivate other victims like my self to speak and not be afraid

bowing down

giving mom gift

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Welcome!

You've really been through a lot and I think it's admirable that you are using your past to help others.  What an accomplishment!

vivianvelez2399
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:03 PM

thank you. i have come a long way,and im doing theorpy to help me deal with past issues,

taking it one step at a time

mami286
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:23 PM

hi, im amia :) im glad to hear that this experience strengthened you and helped you to better your situation.

Quoting vivianvelez2399:

thank you. i have come a long way,and im doing theorpy to help me deal with past issues,

taking it one step at a time

Imjustinsmommy
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:46 PM

thanks for sharing your story. Im so sorry you've  been through so much but so happy you are  working to  use it  for good! you sound like a strong woman!!

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Do your kids see your mom? I'd be afraid to leave her alone with them
RADmomma
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Welcome to cafemom!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN