Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is it normal...

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:05 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son is 6 1/2 weeks old and has never liked to sleep during the day unless he is being held.  As soon as you put him down he is up again.  I am hoping he will grow out of this and give into his sleep needs.  He is so tired, but won't let himself fall asleep.  I would hold him, but I need to go to the bathroom sometimes. haha!  Is this normal for some babies?

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

yes.  Do you have a baby wrap thing you can use?  DD was like that as a baby and sometimes you just have to put him down for those few minutes to pee.  The brief putting down wont hurt him as long as he is picked up as soon as you wash your hand.

RADmomma
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:56 PM
My dd us 4 months & still fights naps unless being cuddled. I can wear her in my ergo though !!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ksdnyc
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Ok, sounds like the norm.  I just hope he grows out of it so I am not carrying around a 3 year old all day long!

elm498
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:40 PM

My first would only take "cat naps" during the day.  I think she was 2-3 months when she finally started taking "normal" naps.

I understand what you mean about needing to go to the bathroom!!!!!

obe12003
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:26 PM

My son was the same way until around 5 months I decided he needed to learn to fall asleep in his crib.  It was hard but I let him cry it out a few times and now that's the only place he will sleep.  He rarely cries when I put him in there anymore.  It's great that I can finally have a little time to myself and get some things done around the house.  Don't get me wrong, I love cuddling him, but I can't do it 24/7.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)