Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

help with potty training

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:30 PM
  • 3 Replies
I'm trying out that 3 day training thing and things are going OK. Day 1 my son (3 years old next month) had a few accidents but went overnight with none. Today day 2 he's had just as many accidents although is getting I have to potty down. He has this problem today with trying to play with the toilet water while on it before and after going . The key is to stay loving and positive but how do you do that while they stick their hands in the toilet?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
TableforSeven
by Judy on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Did you son ask to be potty trained?  Sounds like he would rather play than learn to use the toilet.  I would stop for now.....and when he asks to be trained, start again.  I never used a 'training method' other than waiting for my kids to ask to use the toilet.....and all five trained in 1-3 days.

Sorry, no advice on keeping a child's hand out if the toilet-water as none of my kids ever played in the bathroom.

sweetp113
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:55 PM
A month or so ago I changed his diaper and sat him on a seat just to see what he did and he went. We'd do it when we changed it and he just sat on the toilet no seat and went by himself so I'd assume he was ready. He loves playing in water period so think that maybe why but I dunno
motamaid
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:48 AM
he is old enough to know what is appropriate as to the when and where with playing with water.

Quoting sweetp113:

A month or so ago I changed his diaper and sat him on a seat just to see what he did and he went. We'd do it when we changed it and he just sat on the toilet no seat and went by himself so I'd assume he was ready. He loves playing in water period so think that maybe why but I dunno
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)