Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I got into an accident on my way home from work this morning

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:59 AM
  • 35 Replies

I was driving southbound on I-25 coming out of Denver to head home from work, I work the overnight shift at the hospital. I hit my brakes because traffic was slow up ahead then as I came to a stop I got rear ended by the car behind me, it smashed the back of my car up but I was able to drive it home. I'm going to be calling my insurance company as soon as they open, I have full coverage so I am hoping they can cover it. Thankfully I was ok, I got a little whiplash and was shaking but other than that I'm ok. Phew.

by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:01 AM

You should go and have that whip lash checked. you may feel worse tomorrow. you want it documented that it started today After the accident. I'm glad you are in much better shape than you could have been.

redhead-bedhead
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Get ready for the ambulance chasers calls. After my husband's accident I had a ton of them calling me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hockeymomsue64
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:04 AM

I'm going to get it checked out, waiting on my husband to drive me over. I don't really want to drive right now.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Go to hospital and get checked out. Then sue the fucker. :)

Glad you are okay. Was the person drunk or just not paying attention? Either way, I'd sue lol.
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this
The what?! What's that?

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

Get ready for the ambulance chasers calls. After my husband's accident I had a ton of them calling me.
hockeymomsue64
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep that's what I'm thinking of doing ;)

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Glad you are okay. Was the person drunk or just not paying attention? Either way, I'd sue lol.

highlandmum
by Spunky Dancer on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Glad you are okay. 

Why does everything have to result in a lawsuit?  It was a accident, let the insurance deal with it.  You do not know the situation - were the roads icy, snow covered, or rain slicked.  Yes the person behind is at fault but why clog up the system with a lawsuit.  Boy Canadians and Americans have a totally different take on the legal system.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

starlight91
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Glad you are okay, sorry about your car..

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Obviously if the weather was bad it would be understandable. I clearly stated in my comment if the guy was drunk or just not paying attention, I'd sue. Goodness.

Quoting highlandmum:

Glad you are okay. 

Why does everything have to result in a lawsuit?  It was a accident, let the insurance deal with it.  You do not know the situation - were the roads icy, snow covered, or rain slicked.  Yes the person behind is at fault but why clog up the system with a lawsuit.  Boy Canadians and Americans have a totally different take on the legal system.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

TableforSeven
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Make sure you only speak to YOUR insurance company.  Let THEM do all the talking to the other driver's company.  You should never speak to the other company without your agent or a lawyer present.

Also....be VERY SURE -YOU- are not at fault before openly threatening to sue or it could bite you in the butt. If you stopped short....since you said you slowed down because of traffic ahead....you could be at fault for stopping too quickly.  (Just commenting...not blaming anyone.) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN