Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Dh says we should cancel my sons birthday party

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:16 PM
  • 21 Replies
I am livid. I have been trying to finish up my dhs projects around the house the last week and everyday he comes home from work then don't leave the damn couch. My sons birthday is Sunday. The porch is half painted (yup he left it that way) the kitchen floor is about 3/4 the way done, I have no dining room table (he threw out the old one because he didnt like it and said the next day we would get a new one, that was a month ago, I have no light in my dining room. I have a big hole in my basement ceiling from where his friend backed up the toilet and it leaked down stairs because apparently they just let the toilet run, and he wants to cancel my sons birthday which he is so looking forward to. I am seriously considering leaving if he don't step up and do his share in this house
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Can you hire a handyman?
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Bust into the savings account and rent a place out for the party.

mbc324
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Can you have your sons party in a park or something, at least he wouldnt be let down.

Alyssasmommy412
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

If he won't fix all the problems I would hire someone. See if you can do your sons birthday party at Chuck E Cheese or a park.

Tipsen
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:34 PM
The invites have been sent out since it is Sunday

Quoting Alyssasmommy412:

If he won't fix all the problems I would hire someone. See if you can do your sons birthday party at Chuck E Cheese or a park.

Tipsen
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:35 PM
His birthday is Sunday

Quoting calsmom62:

Can you hire a handyman?

Alyssasmommy412
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:37 PM

If your house had all these problems why would you have the party at your house? I would still try for CEC or something I had to do that a few years ago when we were going to do a moonbounce but it was going to rain.

Quoting Tipsen:

The invites have been sent out since it is Sunday

Quoting Alyssasmommy412:

smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Go to an antique/ secondhand/ thrift/ consignment shop tomorrow morning and get some floor lamps and a table. Come home, finish up the porch and the kitchen floor. If you can't finish the floor you can always paint that porch. Make the basement off limits during the party.
You can do this. Just because he is being useless right now doesn't mean it can't get done.
cherib82
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:39 PM

So your son should suffer cuz he won't get off his ass? Punch him upside the head, throw some tools at him, and tell him to get to work. He made that mess he needs to finish it.

baquick
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I would just call/text everyone that the location is changing.

Otherwise get his butt up and get him to work.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)