Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

38 1/2 and TTC for 5 months

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hi everyone, I just joined and am in need of support. My name is Julie I am 38 1/2 years old and TTC baby #2. It happened the first month we tried for our first when I was 36. This time I am having such difficulty. No one I talk to understands what kind of stress this is when your biological time clock is running out! Not my family, friends not even my husband. I am so terrified I won't be able to have a second one. I am constantly online reading about doom and gloom of ttc at my age. Anyone have any stories of hope for me?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Sorry I am younger than you and i am done.  I never ttc.  DD was a happy surprise for us.    I am presuming you have had a full exam to make sure it is safe for you to conceive at this age and there are no reproductive issues going on.

36WeekTwinsMom
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:39 AM
I am 37 and gave birth to b/g twins on Jan 26th :) they were conceived naturally!have Apparently the odds of this happening actually increase with age! Something I did NOT know, but sure do now! They are healthy and so am I, nothing wrong with trying for a baby at 38 in my opinion!!! So sorry you don't have the understanding and support you need right now!
AmyParent
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:43 AM
My oldest was a one shot deal when I was 20... At 23 it took almost a year to conceive #2...so even younger moms have issues too. Don't give up yet!
hypnautica
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this
You may wanna join us in the Trying to conceive group. There are several ladies around your age.
TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:45 AM

I am nearly 38.  I just had a baby.  It took us 9 cycles.  When I thought I was going to be trying again on cycle 10, I tested positive.  :) If needed, it would be easy to get Clomid from a doctor at your age.

ald1920
by Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Their is a test that you can take to find out when is the best time to conceive.You can get that test at the store. I used it and I got twins I was 35.I would just relax and don't put and pressure on yourself when it happens it happens.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)