Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you get along with your parents?

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:24 AM
  • 29 Replies
Do you get along with your parents? Do you live near them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:28 AM
Yes I live near them and I get along with both, but I know sadly how to play both. I prefer my mom over my dad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:30 AM
Yes i have always had a good relationship. I live near my mom, my dad lives in another state.
Alchemist_Momma
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:34 AM
I can't stand my parents. My mom left me with my Aunt and Nanny when I was born. I was 6 weeks old and she told them to keep me, that she didn't want me. She would rather work than have to raise another kid. She made my life a living hell, and still does to this day. My dad was a shining star in my life, until a few years ago when he showed his true colours to me. I have turned my back on them, and the rest of my family. Now its just me and my DD, and thats how I we like it.
Rasmussenk
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:45 AM
I live near my mother she's crazy and we butt heads more often than not but I still love her and she's in my child's life. My father lives on the other side of the country we get along alright but I don't get along with his wife and her kids.. he has not met my son (who's only 6 weeks old on monday) yet but has a trip planned to come out soon.. Now my mother in law is amazing she flew here a week after my son was born (because he was 10 days early) and is actually leaving today.. She cooked and cleaned and watched my little one when ever he wasn't eating so I could get some extra rest.
jeweldragons
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:59 AM
No. Mom lives about 1 1/2 hours away. Dad lives in PA.
Cubanmom84
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Its a love and annoying kind of relationship lol I can't live near my mom, she will butt in all the way, she will help me a lot but at the same time I have to put a stop to her lol. My father I call maybe once a month, he was abusive and an alcoholic, and he made a lot of mistakes, we have all put things behind us, we just got over it cause none of us think its good to hold on to crap, so I talk to him once in a while, I live in KY and they live in FL, he visits me when ever he feels like taking a drive lol and mom comes once a year or I go down once a year.

RADmomma
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly. My parents are amazing. They live over 3 hours away but I talk to at least one if them daily & they come to visit at least once every 6 weeks.

We don't have any contact with my in laws.
Kmary
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes and yes.  I have just about the best parents in the world!

smspaki
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Sometime yes and some time no :D

TableforSeven
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Over the years, my mother and I had our SERIOUS ups-and-downs.  But when she was sick, she really changed....seemed to really want to make things ok between us.  We had a very good relationship when she passed away in 2008.

I get along VERY WELL with my father.  I was a Daddy's girl growing up and have always had a close and special bond with my father.  He was one of the reasons moving away was so hard (DD#1 staying behind was the biggest and hardest reason moving was emotional).  We used to live in the same town as my father...always did.  I spoke to him daily and we saw him a few times every week.  Now we live half-way around the world.  We call him a few times every week....and Skype with him every 1-2 weeks.  It is really hard being so far from him.....but I feel I am living where I belong and we will visit there and, hopefully, he will visit here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN