Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you get along with your parents?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you get along with your parents? Do you live near them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:24 AM
Replies (21-29):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM
We get along very, very well. They live about 5 minutes away and we see them a lot. I'm a typical Daddy's girl but my mom and I are close too. We go shopping together and talk on the phone a lot. My kids love them and love being with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Never knew my Mother (and shes passed) and adored my Dad (HE has passed as well)  and had a great relationship with him.

spooky415
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:32 AM
eh depends. my dad is kind of a dick. he has very specific ideas about how the world should work and if something doesn't fit into that-including his kid-he has no problem bitching about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
popomill
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Kinda. We are on each others nerves all the time. And I kinda live in their basement, lol. We're trying to move out with in the next 5 months, but we might be here for another year longer (God I hope not) baby #2 is due at the end of the year.

popomill
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:33 AM

My Dad exactly. 

Quoting spooky415:

eh depends. my dad is kind of a dick. he has very specific ideas about how the world should work and if something doesn't fit into that-including his kid-he has no problem bitching about it.

spooky415
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:41 AM
like, nothing is good enough for my dad. i've learned to just let it roll of my back for the sake of 'getting along' but then my husband pointed out it wasn't really 'getting along.' he was like 'that's just letting your dad have his way at the sake of your own happiness...'

but what are ya gonna do? he hasn't done anything bad enough to really cut him out. he hurts my feelings but i'm not curled up in bed crying bc of it. i just kinda keep on truckin' when it comes to him.

Quoting popomill:

My Dad exactly. 

Quoting spooky415:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
popomill
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:57 AM
I hear you. Nothing I ever do is good enough for my dad. Go back to school he says, so I do but then he complains that my son has to be in daycare so I can go to school. Like really, what else was I going to do with him? I just can't wait to move out and then I won't have to deal with him on a regular basis.

Quoting spooky415:

like, nothing is good enough for my dad. i've learned to just let it roll of my back for the sake of 'getting along' but then my husband pointed out it wasn't really 'getting along.' he was like 'that's just letting your dad have his way at the sake of your own happiness...'

but what are ya gonna do? he hasn't done anything bad enough to really cut him out. he hurts my feelings but i'm not curled up in bed crying bc of it. i just kinda keep on truckin' when it comes to him.

Quoting popomill:

My Dad exactly. 

Quoting spooky415:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spooky415
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:04 PM
my dad always complained that i wasn't in college. i go back to college-he hates what i'm studying. i work retail-why dont i study business or marketing? mind you, BEFORE i went back to school i was wasting my life working retail. lmao.

Quoting popomill:

I hear you. Nothing I ever do is good enough for my dad. Go back to school he says, so I do but then he complains that my son has to be in daycare so I can go to school. Like really, what else was I going to do with him? I just can't wait to move out and then I won't have to deal with him on a regular basis.

Quoting spooky415:

Quoting popomill:

My Dad exactly. 

Quoting spooky415:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WendyJR
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:21 PM
I do get along with my parents. I live far to far away from them. 800+miles :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN