Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

the room of a horder

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 11:45 PM
  • 7 Replies
My mother despite her own opinion is a horder. It has taken me five days to pack her room up. Only reason is because over a period of five months she has packed things in each corner of the room. She has the I can fix this and will, and will turns into someday sigh. So I have packed just about everything. And still have more to do tomorrow. Thankfully not much is left, some clothes, Nic naks and that's about it. I still have to finish my room, bathroom, hall, and kitchen. Blah moving is so annoying.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Can you discard/donate items as you go?

marieKilbane
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 5:32 PM

I learn something at church today, they talked about horders.. they believe it was satan inside of her, must've depressed plm.. they more she keep spending and the more she let her house stink up everywhere from indoor to outside and extra home background Mobile home because her house have no room.. still Hoarders.. This is bad enough for anyone who has horders it, need cleaning up so she need let Jesus come into her new light and make her see, no more dark inside.. Let the shiny through her home

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 5:53 PM
I really doubt she's. Possessed, we believe in Jesus Christ and the holy spirit. Demons are terrified of her. And she has God and the holy spirit inside. Her problem went from one extreme to another and the house doesn't smell she doesn't keep smelly trash. Its just clothes, shoes, purses, puzzles, water fountains, sewing stuff, knitting stuff.... You get the picture.

Quoting marieKilbane:

I learn something at church today, they talked about horders.. they believe it was satan inside of her, must've depressed plm.. they more she keep spending and the more she let her house stink up everywhere from indoor to outside and extra home background Mobile home because her house have no room.. still Hoarders.. This is bad enough for anyone who has horders it, need cleaning up so she need let Jesus come into her new light and make her see, no more dark inside.. Let the shiny through her home

wickedfiress
by SmthngWkdThsWayComes on Apr. 14, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Depression has nothing to do with satan or demons. Or even religion.

OP we move every few years and its amazing the amount of crisp we seem to collect in such a short time! Packing sucks! But I love the excuse to downsize!

Quoting marieKilbane:

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 6:19 PM
We have moved every 3 to 9months for the last four years, and were not military. Just sucky luck, being homeless and all. But thankfully we have permanent housing now. So no more moving for now, but I have done a ton of down sizing. I probably have enough for two bedrooms but that's it.

Quoting wickedfiress:Depression has nothing to do with satan or demons. Or even religion.

OP we move every few years and its amazing the amount of crisp we seem to collect in such a short time! Packing sucks! But I love the excuse to downsize!

Quoting marieKilbane:I learn something at church today, they talked about horders.. they believe it was satan inside of her, must've depressed plm.. they more she keep spending and the more she let her house stink up everywhere from indoor to outside and extra home background Mobile home because her house have no room.. still Hoarders.. This is bad enough for anyone who has horders it, need cleaning up so she need let Jesus come into her new light and make her see, no more dark inside.. Let the shiny through her home
trainlady
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Too bad you can't loose some of those boxes on the way to the new place. Hoarders really need help because they cannot cure themselves.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Lol, sometimes I wish lol.

Quoting trainlady:

Too bad you can't loose some of those boxes on the way to the new place. Hoarders really need help because they cannot cure themselves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)