Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I really need help.

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 8:35 AM
  • 18 Replies
Im new here but I could really use some advice. My husband left me on Sunday, we have kids and have been together for 8 years. We have been having some major issues for the past year or so. I've felt depressed, moody, I haven't wanted sex at all. I snap at him for really little things. I sleep a ton and have been lacking interest in all things. He has been telling me all along that I need to fix these things because they are making him unhappy. Well I tried and tried and I found my self constantly telling him I didn't know how to change. I felt stuck and lost. Sunday was the breaking point and he left. He's so adamant that we divorce because I've hurt him so badly that its unfixable. I went and saw a therapist on Friday and she said something that clicked right away. She asked me about birth control and I told her I have the mirena. I have not gotten a period in over a year. She told me to look into and I've been reading everything I can find and just keep having this "uh-huh" moment with each article I read. I know this is what's causing me to be this way, I knew it wasn't that I didn't want to change, I truly didn't have control over it. now my problem is im afraid if I tell him this even if I have the doctor say this is valid, he won't take that as a reason, he'll take it as an excuse. I do not want my marriage to end because of this. He's the only man I've ever loved and I just want our family back. Please help, and nothing negative. I'm putting my heart out here. Thank you for.reading.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
epoh
by Emerald Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 8:38 AM
2 moms liked this
My first question reading the first several sentences was, "are you on BC?"

I don't understand why so many women continue to submit their bodies to the horrible changes that hormonal birth control can inflict, and the symptoms that are well documented.

I'm sorry you're struggling. Make your best endeavor to better yourself FOR yourself. I wish you the best, and only time will tell the outcome of this part of your story.
Tilly9798
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Make an appointment with your gyno...see if having the Mirena removed will change any of your symptoms...I have the Mirena and have not experienced any of those symptoms...but every women's body is differnt.,.next step would be to talk to your husband to let him know what you are attempting and suggest marriage counseling...let him know you are putting in the effort for him and you and your kids...
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 8:45 AM
This....

Quoting Tilly9798:

Make an appointment with your gyno...see if having the Mirena removed will change any of your symptoms...I have the Mirena and have not experienced any of those symptoms...but every women's body is differnt.,.next step would be to talk to your husband to let him know what you are attempting and suggest marriage counseling...let him know you are putting in the effort for him and you and your kids...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redhead-bedhead
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 8:49 AM
I had the same issues with the Mirena. I would tell him about it and give him the research articles. Maybe even invite him to the doctor's visit.
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 9:00 AM

This is what I would do. Tell him you love him, want to work things out, and that you will do whatever it takes to make the changes you need to. Pray about it, and see what happens.

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

I had the same issues with the Mirena. I would tell him about it and give him the research articles. Maybe even invite him to the doctor's visit.

net222
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Thank you all. I go to see the doctor may 16, it was the earliest they had. He is meeting with a divorce lawyer this week. Im angry that I didnt realize this could cause such big problems.
ladybuglove08
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I was a whole different person with mirena, and lost chunks of hair..I hated being around myself! I begged my doc to take it out & slowly I morphed back into who i am..dh had a vasectomy so that I didn't have to go through that again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
net222
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Im a whole different person. Ive had it for 3 years and stopped getting a period at all about a year and a half ago. Thats when all the problems started.

Quoting ladybuglove08:

I was a whole different person with mirena, and lost chunks of hair..I hated being around myself! I begged my doc to take it out & slowly I morphed back into who i am..dh had a vasectomy so that I didn't have to go through that again

mrskathleen
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 10:48 AM

i hope everythings works out Talk to  ur husband IF he want to come back go vto get some help from professionels  I WISH U THE BEST  MRSKATHLEEN 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Welcome to Cafemom,
I hope you can talk to your husband & tell him what you just told us,
Also speak with your doctor to see what else they can recommend for you.
Hugs to you & good luck :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)