Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

More Like "Cafe Grandma"...

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:54 PM
  • 15 Replies
2 moms liked this
Hi:) I joined this group because I was doing a Google search on getting Medicare and Medicaid to pay for tummy tucks and other surgeries. I had a gastric bypass surgery 1.5 years ago and I've lost almost 200 pounds. In the search results someone in Cafe Mom commented and it looked like they had info that I'd be able to use, as it turns out, I was able to add my 2 cents, hopefully to help. So, as long as I'm here...HELLO:) I'm a mom of three ages 16, 24 and 26 YEARS of age. My new husband, that I married less than a year ago has 5 grandkids, so I've inherited them. My daughter and I have yet to meet them, but my husband's daughter (he has a daughter who is 29 and a son who turned 23 today) is getting married at the end of this month in Indiana. (We live in Tampa, Florida). So, we'll meet all of them for the first time. We've met his son, but no one else. That's a little about me. I'm sure I'm older than most here, but if I can help answer questions or anything, let me know. MarcyPalmTree
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
greenie63
by Nancy on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome momma. I've been on CM since 2007 and think you might prefer another group instead of this one (it can be like visiting high school again in here at times). Do a search in groups for 40ish and beyond. Great group of ladies there without the negativity. By the way I'm 50, my oldest is 22, middle child 12 and youngest is 9. 

Lionpaw
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:56 PM

welcome!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Congrats on having lost all those pounds, awesome!
Are your older kids out of the house now?
Here is a group you may find helpful .. nice to meet you :)

Quoting marcypalmtree:

Hi:) I joined this group because I was doing a Google search on getting Medicare and Medicaid to pay for tummy tucks and other surgeries. I had a gastric bypass surgery 1.5 years ago and I've lost almost 200 pounds. In the search results someone in Cafe Mom commented and it looked like they had info that I'd be able to use, as it turns out, I was able to add my 2 cents, hopefully to help. So, as long as I'm here...HELLO:) I'm a mom of three ages 16, 24 and 26 YEARS of age. My new husband, that I married less than a year ago has 5 grandkids, so I've inherited them. My daughter and I have yet to meet them, but my husband's daughter (he has a daughter who is 29 and a son who turned 23 today) is getting married at the end of this month in Indiana. (We live in Tampa, Florida). So, we'll meet all of them for the first time. We've met his son, but no one else. That's a little about me. I'm sure I'm older than most here, but if I can help answer questions or anything, let me know. MarcyPalmTree

Join us at
Time Out for You

RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:07 AM
cjsix
by faith on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:21 AM

welcome to cafemomThere are many groups here some for us experienced moms,with wisdom to share and some for other things such as medical issues,recipes,teens,crafts,saving money,faith,etc....have fun exploring and making new friends. 

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Welcome to the group. Congratulations on losing almost two hundred pounds. 

catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Welcome to CafeMom! Congratulations on the weight loss! I have a brother in Tampa.. :o) 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

starlight91
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Welcome to cafemom, it may take a while to find a right fit for a group... The other commenter was right a lot of woman on this site act like they are still in high school ( best way to deal with it, do not react to them.) Good Luck !

BillysGrandma
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I am an older member as well..older than you..lol. I joined,actually,because my 31 yr old daughter had just given birth to my first grandchild...William....and she was quite overwhelmed. I live 3000 miles away.Didnt get to see her for 4 yrs as I am caregiver to my Mom.Em had suffered from anorexia and is still battling OCD,has no friends that have kids, and needs to find a mommy and me group near Winter Haven,Fl.And maybe some on line support to cheer her on...

marcypalmtree
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Oh, Okay. I didn't know there were other groups. I'll check it out.

MPT

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN