Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Any Attorneys in here? I really need help

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:58 PM
  • 19 Replies

My mom had an accident on her lunch break at work, on work premises. She fell off the loading doc, where they load the semi's. Human resources told her that she could use three of her vacation days for payment, then Workers comp would kick in. Well she did that, then we had issues with the doctor saying there was nothing wrong with that she could go back to work that same day, yet my mom couldn't stand straight or even walk right. Then we went to speak to the people at her job, the lady that was there told her that they had no light duty for her to do, but she turned around and email the insurance company saying that my mom did not want to go back to work. ( Which is not true at all my mom rarely misses a day).

Any way, my mom is doing much better, she is walking better but she still has pain on her lower back and vaginal pressure. The insurance first blamed the colonoscopy that she got done a couple of weeks before the accident, she went to the doctor and got a note. Then her physical therapist said it was caused by her having kids, now they are saying it is because of a car accident she had 32 years ago and they are not going to pay her anything. When she called the insurance for the workers comp. they told her that they do not understand how she fell from there when she walks there everyday, that they needed names of the doctors and hospital she was in 32 years ago. My mom does not remember any of that, and she did sign a paper saying the insurance could obtain any medical records on their own, shouldn't they get all that on their own???

I really need some advice on all of this, my mom does not want to loose her job but she does need that money.

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chris030406
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:59 PM
No, but I'm interested in seeing how many claim to be.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lvictorio4
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:03 PM

BUMP!

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:05 PM
From personal experience, this is pretty typical of workplace injuries involving workers comp. Idk what resources are available, has she tried contacting her states department of labor and industries?
ZakkarysMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Why dont you just call an attorney?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lvictorio4
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:08 PM

No she has not, the weird thing is that one of the other employees had no problem in getting it. And she broke her hand while drunk, but didn't go in to the company doctor till days after the accident.

Quoting shadow_lark:

From personal experience, this is pretty typical of workplace injuries involving workers comp. Idk what resources are available, has she tried contacting her states department of labor and industries?

EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:08 PM

i wouldnt depend on anything said in here. i would just call a REAL lawyer. most will do a free consult.

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:10 PM
The pay out for a broken hand is a pittance compared to that of a back injury, especially one that may have permanent effects on the person.

Quoting Lvictorio4:

No she has not, the weird thing is that one of the other employees had no problem in getting it. And she broke her hand while drunk, but didn't go in to the company doctor till days after the accident.

Quoting shadow_lark:

Lvictorio4
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:10 PM

We are first thing tomorrow, but I thought maybe there was one in here that could give me some advice since my mother is becoming really depressed and does not know what to do. I guess I just want to calm her down.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

ZakkarysMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Ok. I hope you get things figured out.

Quoting Lvictorio4:

We are first thing tomorrow, but I thought maybe there was one in here that could give me some advice since my mother is becoming really depressed and does not know what to do. I guess I just want to calm her down.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iuangina
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Call an attorney. Not allowed to give out random legal advice on the Internet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)