Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm afraid of eggplant lol

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:00 AM
  • 13 Replies
Ok, so seriously...I can be a great cook but there are a few things I haven't mastered yet. It's mostly all veggies. Clearly I have the usual ones mastered like broccoli, salad, corn, green beans, carrots, etc. any ideas on eggplant? I want my family to try new things and I remember eating eggplant as a kid.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:08 AM
My Dhs aunt cut it into thin strips and fried it with Parmesan cheese.

I can't stand eggplant.
jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:08 AM
I always look at allrecipes.com for good recipes.
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Not eating it?  That's my suggestion.  :)

Diana_B.
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Bump
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM

get one without an indented bottom, cut in strips or circles and soak in salted water for 30 minutes.....drain and dry with paper towels, from there you can grill (brush with olive oil) fry, dredged in flour or bread crumbs, serve as is, or you can take the fried eggplant and cover in tomato sauce and mozzerella and parmesan and make eggplant parm, or to make it not so fattening you can take the grilled eggplant and make the parm with that

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:45 PM

you can also split the eggplant and cut out the middle, chop and miz with parmesan cheese, italian seasoning, and garlic, fill the eggplant skins up with the mixture and bake until tender, my fave way to have eggplant

DSamuels
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:20 PM

We went and had eggplant parmesan tonight for dinner. I used to make it but we found a neighborhood pizzeria and he makes it for Thursday night special sometimes. His is much better and easier and the price is so cheap it's not worth making it for me. When I did.....

Slice eggplant thinly, dip in egg and then bread crumbs with italian seasoning. Fry it until golden brown. I would layer it eggplant, sauce, mozerella cheese until I ran out of eggplant and then bake at 350 for about 1/2 hour. 

Putting the italian seasoning in the bread crumbs made a huge difference, for the better in taste. So did slicing it thinly. 

taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:14 AM

This is one of our favorite eggplant recipes.  It's a really simple soup to make, and it's so full of flavor.

SThompson21
by Evil.Minion on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:37 AM
I slice mine, dip it in egg, and then flour (salt and pepper in the flour), and fry it until it's golden brown
I hate eggplant but dh loves it lol
SpnFulOfSugar
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I slice it in thin strips. Coat with flour amd pan fry it then use it as noodles on lasagna. It's amazing!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)