Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Just found out... *EDIT AGAIN*

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:22 PM
  • 381 Replies
6 moms liked this
Why wasn't I informed that a guy died in the house I just bought? Why am I just finding this shit out now, a month after closing on it? I thought information like that had to be told before the closing....

*EDIT* let me edit since people keep saying the same thing... I know people die in houses all the time. All I'm saying is I thought I should have been informed before the purchase. But someone already told me my state doesn't require that so that sucks. I'm just glad it was a short sale and we don't plan on growing old there. Just something temporary til we can save for our dream house. :)

*EDIT AGAIN*

I'm getting so sick of the "so what" and "what's the big deal".... If you don't care about that stuff, good for you. To some people, knowing someone died in the house is fucking creepy. Once again, I know it happens and I thought it was mandatory to tell the buyer but found out it's not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2manydiapers
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Depends on the state.
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:28 PM
New Jersey.

Quoting 2manydiapers:

Depends on the state.
Perfect.Pixie
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Most places don't have to tell you unless you ask. Cleanser your house, it's not a big deal.
Jennyanne322
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:30 PM
3 moms liked this
People die at home all the time. I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like the person was murdered.
punkasscanuck
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:31 PM
6 moms liked this

it must be disclosed in canada. :)

have fun with your unsettled spirits :)

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:37 PM
7 moms liked this
It may not be a big deal to some of you but I still feel like I should have been informed. I don't wanna picture someone dying from cancer every time I tuck my kids in.
Zanny
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Perhaps the Realtor was unaware of this 

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:52 PM
I guess. I hope it's a friendly spirit.

Quoting Zanny:

Perhaps the Realtor was unaware of this 

Mommy2AmaznKids
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:53 PM
3 moms liked this

Oh my gosh,kinda reminds me of the couple who moved to Connecticut and bought a House that was quite cheap and they were never told that the House used to be a funeral home,that kinda stuff is scary,I would be weary of buying a home that someone died in,they should disclose that Information BEFORE you closed on it....

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:54 PM
A teen committed suicide in my bedroom of a house we bought when I was 12. I literally happen 2 months before we moved on. We didn't find our about it until starting school a few weeks later.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)