Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

egg donations

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:47 PM
  • 62 Replies
I heard an ad on Pandora about being an egg donor. I'm curious about thoughts on this. I see why it is beneficial to some who have trouble conceiving but I don't know if I could do it knowing genetically, the baby is half mine. it's like sperm donations. how do you donate and just walk away?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessicamarquez
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I would but I can't a I'm to young and b I smoke so no one wants my eggs if I quit id consider doing it to help a needing couple with a healthy egg id just like the consideration of knowing the name of said child so we as in any of my family don't cross paths with him or her and get intimate
motherslove82
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think I could do it either. I've thought about it because it's good money, but I don't think I could give my child to someone else.
mypinkhair
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I would let some one donate eggs for me! When you want a child so bad and have trouble concieving you will do just about anything to have a baby! JMO

Starshine-bela
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:02 PM
it's completely private. they ask for your picture do they can match you to someone with similar features

Quoting Jessicamarquez:

I would but I can't a I'm to young and b I smoke so no one wants my eggs if I quit id consider doing it to help a needing couple with a healthy egg id just like the consideration of knowing the name of said child so we as in any of my family don't cross paths with him or her and get intimate
Starshine-bela
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Yeah, the money is the only reason it caught my attention

Quoting motherslove82:

I don't think I could do it either. I've thought about it because it's good money, but I don't think I could give my child to someone else.
Starshine-bela
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:04 PM
and I can completely understand that and it's great there are programs like egg donation to help. I think of a woman is able and willing to donate then they should. I just don't know if I could donate.

Quoting mypinkhair:

I would let some one donate eggs for me! When you want a child so bad and have trouble concieving you will do just about anything to have a baby! JMO

mypinkhair
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I understand =) It's not for everyone! All depends on the circumstances and all! Thanks for being so kind!

Quoting Starshine-bela:

and I can completely understand that and it's great there are programs like egg donation to help. I think of a woman is able and willing to donate then they should. I just don't know if I could donate.

Quoting mypinkhair:

Jessicamarquez
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Really? Then probably not since I couldn't know. I'd just want a name oh well. Anyone who can and does is a brave soul

Quoting Starshine-bela:

it's completely private. they ask for your picture do they can match you to someone with similar features

Quoting Jessicamarquez:

Starshine-bela
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:22 PM
of course :-) I would never judge someone's decision like that.

Quoting mypinkhair:

I understand =) It's not for everyone! All depends on the circumstances and all! Thanks for being so kind!

Quoting Starshine-bela:

Quoting mypinkhair:

Starshine-bela
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:23 PM
I agree. plus you never know if that kid might try to find you.

Quoting Jessicamarquez:

Really? Then probably not since I couldn't know. I'd just want a name oh well. Anyone who can and does is a brave soul

Quoting Starshine-bela:

Quoting Jessicamarquez:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN