Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Abdominal Wall Endometriosis???

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:06 PM
  • 5 Replies
Anybody else ever experience this?

I had my DD in Oct 2007 via C-section. About 2 years later I started having pains on the left side about where my overy is and felt a lump. I went and saw my Dr and she said it was a hernia and too small to repair. Well I finally got good insurance in 2012 and got referred to a general surgeon for it since it had gotten bigger and more painful. Right away he said it wasn't a hernia because of the location. I had my surgery in sept 2012 and it was a mass of Endometriosis. Apparently when I had my c-section some endo escaped and implanted itself there and grew.
Has anyone else had this? Just curious
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mami2Zoe
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Michelle2003mom
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:14 PM

With endometriosis, the lining grows where ever it wants. It is very painful. I was diagnosed in 2009. It's all over inside my abdominal cavity. My periods suck. I am done having kids but was told that a hysterectomy will not fix it. I need hormones to stop the growths.

Mami2Zoe
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:59 PM
And I always thought a hysterectomy would stop the endo from growing. I'm just worried that the doc didn't get it all and it will grow again :( It's been 7 months now and I'm still getting pains in that spot.
I had mirena taken out in Feb and haven't gotten a period so I don't know how they will be. ( been 5yrs since I had one) mine were always horrible before though.
I'm just rambling. I have no one to talk to about it that understands my concerns about it.

Quoting Michelle2003mom:

With endometriosis, the lining grows where ever it wants. It is very painful. I was diagnosed in 2009. It's all over inside my abdominal cavity. My periods suck. I am done having kids but was told that a hysterectomy will not fix it. I need hormones to stop the growths.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandiNthomas
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Im sorry !
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:41 PM
I was diagnosed when I was 19. Endometriosis is the internal uterine lining growing outside the uterus. Depending on its location it'll continue to grow even with a partial hysterectomy. It's the hormones that 'feed' it. BCP's 'starve' it because its an even level of hormones.
That's how it was explained to me when I was diagnosed 27 yrs ago.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN