Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

heart murmur

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:07 PM
  • 2 Replies

yup my 6 year old has one. so now he is going to a pediatric cardiologist. not sure if i spelled it right but he will be going to one soon. to make sure everything is ok. dr said it was a loud whooshing sound. and yes i know alot of younger HEALTHY kids get them and it's harmless. but it can also be something serious. untill he goes in i shall be calm.  he was a little mad bc he thought he wasn't going to be able to play football. but his dr said yeah he'll be fine. so now he's all excited.

pregnancy

babies
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Des10ed2b
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:11 PM

yeah, i remember freaking out when they told me my son had one shortly after he turned 2. he is 4.5 now without absolutely any issues. 

forsakenjewl24
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:15 PM

yeah i didn't understand how just 4-5 months ago when i was last there he didn't have one and then wham his dr was like did you know he had a heart murmur. i was like ummm no he didn't have it last time he was here. he's all i know i checked him. me being pregnant and having baby brains says oh yeah! and then what's my son do pretend to be in pain. lol i told my son to stop faking his pain bc 5 minutes ago he was just laughing so hard and having a grand old time. his dr after a few times of me telling him to stop faking told him heart murmurs don't hurt you can't fake pain on us michael. i giggled and then my son turned to normal right after he got his ring pop. lol little faker. but yeah his dr just wants to make sure it's not pinched or whatever since it's pretty loud whooshing sound, but still ok'd his first football game! yay!

Quoting Des10ed2b:

yeah, i remember freaking out when they told me my son had one shortly after he turned 2. he is 4.5 now without absolutely any issues. 

pregnancy

babies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)