Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

New to this site. Have questions and need advice about TTC!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Im new to this site. Me and my husband have been married for 3 years and are ready to have a baby... Im just really confused about everything. Is it true it can take a year for birth control to leave your system?

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Replies (11-19):
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Welcome to Cafemom!I don't know anything about TTC and Birth control. Good luck!!!

toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Birth control leaves your system pretty quickly. However it can take a healthy couple a year to conceive. Both my kids were conceived the first cycle off birth control pills, but we've been trying for #3 for over three years. Good luck! You might want to check out the Trying to Conceive group here on cafemom.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DKk0531
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Well i see others have already mentioned the ttc group so i wont repeat that lol. Definitly join those ladies over there, i learned tons of stuff! I think it really depends on what type of birth control you were on, ive heard that it can take a long long time with depo, along with any other type of hormonal bc. Maybe not a yr, just remember everyones body is different, while some say yes i have had trouble conceiving after bc, others might have no trouble at all.
I was on paraguard, had it removed jan 25, conceived around feb 13, now 12 weeks preg. Everyones bodies react differently. Good luck to you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lovemyshadows
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting toopicky429:

Birth control leaves your system pretty quickly. However it can take a healthy couple a year to conceive. Both my kids were conceived the first cycle off birth control pills, but we've been trying for #3 for over three years. Good luck! You might want to check out the Trying to Conceive group here on cafemom.

baby dust

Daughter, sister, wife, mother & grandmother.
Lovemyshadows
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Personally I only had to think pregnant and I was.

tigerstripes12
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:59 PM

i was on the pill for 3 years.  i went off of it after my wedding when we got back from our honeymoon.  that was january 2012.  we conceived february 2012.  from what i understand that isn't necessarily typical, but isn't unheard of or even rare.

i suggest getting an app called Women's Log.  it tracks your periods and lets you know what days you are most likely to be ovulating and most fertile.  worked for us! :)

trainlady
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Depends on your system. Not all people are alike and it might leave yours in three months or two years. You can't tell and most of all don't get stressed out if it takes longer than you planned. Use that time to get ready for the baby and get things all set up especially in your mind. Go get some good books on being pregnant and on the first few months of a new baby and get yourself prepped for all these things. Ask all the questions that need to long before you do get pregnant. In the mean time Good Luck and God Bless.

wantnbaby703
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Thanks so much everyone I really appreciate everybodies input...

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Yes, it is true that it can take a year for birth control to leave your system. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)