Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What kind of GPS do you have?

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:56 PM
  • 19 Replies

Or which would you recommend? I'm going to order one tonight but can't choose between a garmin and a magellan. I like that the magellan has a little chime that goes off when you're supposed to turn because sometimes streets don't have a sign or it's too dark to see them but I like that the garmin I have used, is quick to recalculate directions. Help me choose. 

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Purple_Pixie
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM
I use my phone. My mil used a Tom-Tom. Now she uses her phone too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DSamuels
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I have a Tom-Tom. I like it, it doesn't say "recalculating" every time I get off the highway to get gas or food either. It tells me when to turn. I use Susan's voice, so we have renamed it "Sue-Sue." For some reason I can hear a woman's voice over the radio, the men's voice? Not so much.

KreatingMe
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Quoting DSamuels:

I have a Tom-Tom. I like it, it doesn't say "recalculating" every time I get off the highway to get gas or food either. It tells me when to turn. I use Susan's voice, so we have renamed it "Sue-Sue." For some reason I can hear a woman's voice over the radio, the men's voice? Not so much.

The re calculating is so annoying. What I really hate is when it takes forever to find a signal, that's a big feature I'm looking, quickly finding a satellite. 

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM
I don't personally have one, but my mom and sister do. My moms got her lost around the airport in Phoenix, Arizona and she ended up in a really bad neighborhood. For some reason I called my mom at that moment and she answered crying. My dh had to go get her and he told me later that she wasn't in the best of neighborhoods and it was a good thing it was still the middle of the day.

My brother used my sisters and he got sent straight through the airport terminals in Vegas. Fortunately he knew more of what to do than my mom. He had to ask the ticket guy how to get to where we were going.
armyvet06
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I have a Magellan. Its an older model and has been having problems but its actually not bad for the most part.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KreatingMe
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Quoting Junebaby18:

I don't personally have one, but my mom and sister do. My moms got her lost around the airport in Phoenix, Arizona and she ended up in a really bad neighborhood. For some reason I called my mom at that moment and she answered crying. My dh had to go get her and he told me later that she wasn't in the best of neighborhoods and it was a good thing it was still the middle of the day.

My brother used my sisters and he got sent straight through the airport terminals in Vegas. Fortunately he knew more of what to do than my mom. He had to ask the ticket guy how to get to where we were going.

I had a really bad experience with a Tom Tom. I have heard other bad reviews of Tom Toms but then a mom here said she has a good experience with hers. 

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Quoting KreatingMe:

My mom has a Garmin, not sure what my sister has.
JonesMama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:24 AM

I use the one on my phone.

KristenFowles
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:25 AM

I use a google maps app on my phone.. haha

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

TEIMSfamily
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:27 AM

I use mine for geocaching though. It makes a trail so we can find our way back lol. magellan

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)