Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Please Help..(Rash)

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:01 AM
  • 8 Replies

A friend's daughter has had this rash for im guessing a week or more...idk any other details except that she has a corn allergy... the hospital in our small town has no clue what it is thought this was the next best place... antibiotics have not cleared it up so far...oh also she is about 8 years old

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sizzlinvee
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:11 AM
Can't he be taken to a bigger hospital in town with more medical facilities?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mikeswifee85
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:16 AM
1 mom liked this

It sort of looks like the beginning of a staph infection, if she has a fever, blisters or it starts spreading to other family members it could be staph. I would tell your friend go to another hospital and do some online research. Good luck, hope your friends daughter gets rid of whatever she is dealing with! :)

bcauseimthemom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:20 AM

Your friend needs to get that child to a medical facility in a larger town. That does not look like an ordinary rash nor a normal allergic reaction.  As the PP said, it looks like the start of staph;  If it is, it isn't an easy fix... it could be contagious.  Hell, it could even be the start of MRSA.

edited to add picture of the beginning of MRSA infection.....

AC9808
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:51 AM
She has been to several hospital in the state..she has actually had it for about a year and other doesn't itch or hurt her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM

In your original post you say she's had it about a week, now you say a year? Which is it? I'd be raising hell with some doctors to get to the bottom of it and determine WHAT the rash is and treat it ASAP, ESPECIALLY if she's had it for a year. I don't think her having a corn allergy has anything at all to do with that rash right there.

Quoting AC9808:

She has been to several hospital in the state..she has actually had it for about a year and other doesn't itch or hurt her

AC9808
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:55 PM

we talk often and she never has mentioned a rash so i assumed a week...you know just trying to figure t out but when i asked her how long i was seriously surprised to find out it has been a year. She has been fighting wth doctors gone to the best hospital in our state and stillnobody knows anything

AC9808
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:56 PM

it s not staph or mrsa, they have checked

Quoting bcauseimthemom:

Your friend needs to get that child to a medical facility in a larger town. That does not look like an ordinary rash nor a normal allergic reaction.  As the PP said, it looks like the start of staph;  If it is, it isn't an easy fix... it could be contagious.  Hell, it could even be the start of MRSA.

edited to add picture of the beginning of MRSA infection.....

slmolter
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM
My son has eczema and can get a staph infection easily. That's what it looks like to me!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)