Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

what do u think about a blended family

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:17 PM
  • 17 Replies
Please help me on this situation
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Nothing wrong with them.
KristenFowles
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:19 PM

What are you asking exactly?

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

jenn4443
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:20 PM
I don't see a problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mewebb82
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:21 PM
I'm not sure what you are asking, but mine is a blended family. It can work if all the adults are mature and civil.
Mommy4000
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

What do you mean? We've made our blended family work with many ups and downs over the years. If I had to go back and do it again, chances are I'd think twice, but in general I think people should have whatever family they choose.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:23 PM

What situation?  I think nothing of a blended family.

AMR320
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Not something I want for my life but nothing wrong with it for others. My parents divorced and both remarried when I was growing up so I know it can be hard for all involved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Not sure what you mean when you say blended because there's a couple ways to think of that but my husband and I became a blended family. We each had a son when we met and then after we married we had 2 more. Its really hard in our case. If I could go back and do it again and be able to keep the two we made..... I never would of done it. I love my step son with all my heart and I have been raising him full time since he was two (now 8) but sometimes the heart ache and chaos is just too much for me. Maybe if my husband were more honest and supportive instead of being the way he is it would be easier.
kss12
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:29 PM
It's hard sometimes. I mean you don't sit around as a little girl and dream of a blended family like you do your own family. There is never a white picket fence where a biological mom comes and picks up her kid! But, before you even start a relationship with someone you know what comes with them. If you feel comfortable sharing, what's your situation?
cgarlic
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Ah the blended family, my dh & I each brought child(ren) into our relationship then have 1 together. We are new at it (3 yrs in Aug) still & have a bunch of other crap going on. I agree with the other ladies that if I had to do it again I may think twice. I think it would be easier if I joined SS's life when he was younger (he was 2 months shy of 10). Is there a group on here for blended families? I def could use that support.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)